Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found another 5K! Couple weeks away, I learned from previous mistake, and am sending in the entrance fee now. No turning back!

Scuba_Jenny:
Found another 5K! Couple weeks away, I learned from previous mistake, and am sending in the entrance fee now. No turning back!

GO JENNY!

Once ya spent the money ya gotta finish it, which i'm sure you will

Thanks for the inspiration! I extended my morning jog a little bit. Getting focused on a goal now! Whoo hoo!!

Scuba_Jenny:
There is a 5K next weekend. I would LOVE to run it. Never done one before, heck never have jogged 3.1 miles straight yet. My biggest concern is I have a deep dive planned on Saturday, about 12-15 hrs. before the race. Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Eat some pasta and drink water the night before and you should be fine :)

How funny.. when I clicked on "quote" the theme music from Chariots of Fire came on! :lol:

Good luck with the 5K!!

I have actually had a secret desire to run a 5K just for a little present to myself for quiting smoking last month. I went jogging last night and only got 1/2 mi. up a small slope. I still got a ways to go.

dhampton82:
Good luck with the 5K!!

I have actually had a secret desire to run a 5K just for a little present to myself for quiting smoking last month. I went jogging last night and only got 1/2 mi. up a small slope. I still got a ways to go.
Stay with it.
Don't worry about distance, just try to keep one foot in front of the other for a specific amount of time.

Don't over due it to start. Let your legs and breathing get used to it before increasing the time (time, not distance oriented)

Your legs will stop hurting and begin to tone, you will begin to breath easier during your runs... Once you get it up... keep it up! Your time, distance (and speed) will increase over time

Think of it this way: "I am going to be a runner for the rest of my life. If I am going to enjoy it, I need to let my body get used to it"

Oh, don't scrimp on shoes.
===
I moved off the pavement last Wednesday to stay away from a car. While running in the grass, I twisted my knee. I've been nursing it since then (Man! I miss my nightly run... but... I am going to be a runner for the rest of my life... lol)
===

Congrats Jen! I remember the first time I ran a 5k. I didn't know if I could do it. I didn't know how far I was running, because I was only running for a time period. I can tell you, I was really surprised when I finished in 34 minutes (I had been running anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour each night up until that point)

The next 5k was 3 weeks after that. I ran it in 28 minutes... I was exhausted, but felt like I accomplished a major feat.

You will do just fine!

run Jenny, run!!!

one foot in front of the other will get you there and visualize me standing at the finish line with a packet of tim tams for you :wink:

Thanks all for the inspiration.
It is two weeks+ away.

Remind us in 2 weeks and we'll do it all over again!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom