7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would chocolate ice cream be better?

If you raised that to Chocolate Peanut Butter, you'd have me hooked. :blinking:

Just back from a workout - feeling very motivated especially since my PT has been away all week and I've had to get my own butt moving
mooner.gif
- have got myself off to the gym on my own for 8 days straight
icosm14.gif

3.5km on the treadmill today - actually started doing bursts of running. I've had major knee surgery so can only do small amounts - but it feels good to see the heart rate go up. Was also really good to be running again - haven't done that since my triathlon days.

Did another 1.2km swim last night, social squash (racquet ball) tonight, diving on Sunday.

Put on skirt on yesterday and it fell off me......
04.gif
that means I'll have to go SHOPPING:wave:

Awesome Dawn!!!!!!!!

I didn't make it 4 miles today. Didn't make it barely 1 mile. My ankle was hurting so bad, that I stopped jogging to walk a 1/4 mile, try jogging again, but no go. I knew I can't push it. My left knee was feeling a bit soft too, like it could pop out at any moment, so between the two I decided my body was telling me to STOP!!!!!!!! TAKE A REST!!!!
Will try again on Monday. Diving on Saturday in cold water will help my ankle. Ok 72° is cold for me! LOL

Wow, you guys are rocking! Take it easy and don't do yourself a damage, though!

I ran errands on foot yesterday and did another unexpected bush trek following some emus and kangas. I really must start carrying a pair of real shoes in the car coz wandering around out there in my flip flops is not good!

This guy was out getting some exercise in, too ... with an audience
IMG_34061.jpg

Two other roos were sitting on the next tee, just watching him
IMG_3414.jpg

Very Nice Pics. Maybe I'll be able to get down there someday.

Today has been a very mixed one. Did a 45 min Spin Class that really made me feel good. Then had a very productive day. Finished with a dinner of Peanut Butter Pork Chops. Yummmm. Ate two so net didn't do the scale any good.

Oh well, there is tomorrow.

Oh yes, the real downer. We have a snow advisory out for 2-4" of snow by morning and it is snowing now. I usually like winter. But, not today.

Well, got my blood test back, looks like I cannot have anymore sugar....ever.

If I have a tea-spoon of sugar, my metabolism is lowered to nothing. Well, no more cookies for me on the Beach Hopper 2.

Of course, my medical check up is still in progress so this isn't the end yet.

Anyways, nothing much in exercise as was so busy today, the week is catching up and with suffering from isolation with nobody to talk to except the internet, I'm losing my mind slowly and slowly. :depressed:

But I'll be happy Saturday when I go diving and get to test my new dry glove for my drysuit and use my double tank and new dual strobe. :)

Wow Roy, sorry to hear that but I do hope that your diving holds out for you. As you know, we've got that storm coming in and it might be sporting for you! :D Be safe!

As for me, today was a long walk while waiting for my car to be done from the mechanics. Tonight I'll do some more exercise at the gym. Looking forward to some longer workouts this weekend!

Went to the gym this morning- did the elliptical as my husband 'stole' the last available treadmill. It was good really b/c I have been dragging my heels about getting back on it. Ended up only doing 33 minutes as he was really to go, but did 2.67 miles and 389 calories, plus walked too and from the gym. Fun! Now we are out enjoying the sunshine and heading off on our motorcycles soon! Fun.

Right - I'm taking the seven day challenge!

18 months ago, after a 14 year hiatus from running, I realised I was morphing into to a lard ball.

I spent around half a year walking/jogging on tread mills to start off with, then jogging 2-3 times a week, and for the last half year I've focused on jogging (I hesitate to call it 'running') for 30 minutes 3 times a week.

I've hit a bit dead patch recently, and now I'm out of the outback I want to slowly lift the program to 4-5 runs a week, and 3-4 weight/strength sessions: at least something every day.

Today was a 30 minute run - with very sore arms from weights yesterday.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom