(8/19/2004) Think Someone is trying to scam my girlfriend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beware. It sounds like he could be a victimizer. I would hate for your GF to be taken advantage of. If she really wants to dive, she should learn at your LDS and go on trips with you. This guy sounds dangerous.

I think you might find the REAL company more interesting...

http://www.global-exploration.com/

Maybe somone is trying to rip people off, using another good comapny's name... Scam...

Amy Capello:
I think you might find the REAL company more interesting...

http://www.global-exploration.com/

Maybe somone is trying to rip people off, using another good comapny's name... Scam...

That looks more legit..............btw, pm me your girlfriends tell number, credit card number/pin as well as her mothers maiden name. Thanks.

My girlfriend is a waitress at a local sports bar.

I'm betting that's she's an attractive lady in a bar situation, gets hit on a few times and day, and this guy's actions are obvious, letcherous, but so far - non criminal.

Way too good to be true. It'd be foolish for either of you to pursue this, IMHO.

Viscya:
What real business puts it's web site on aol.com?

Domain names are what $50?

Godaddy.com charges $8.95/yr for a .com name. Hosting for a site I'm working on cost a whopping $36/yr.

delysid:
My girlfriend is a waitress at a local sports bar. Recently someone by the name of Norman Scott gave her a card for a business called Global Explorations

http://hometown.aol.com/globeexplore2000/home.html

saying they needed scuba divers for their treasure hunting expeditions, and that they were heading to Austria soon. She said she wasn't qualified, and he said not to worry they do free training, and pay 22 dollars an hour. Now maybe I'm just paranoid but I have never heard of anything involving scuba training that was free. I told her she could not meet with this man unless I was present, and when told of this situation he became reluctant and shady. I feel this man is a scam artist. He also gave her a folder with a client list, a mission statement, and media credits, but none of these satisfy my suspicions whatsoever. has anyone heard of this man or any similar situations???

My little sister could have made that webpage. Don't believe anything he says and don't let your girlfriend meet him. If he calls her tell him to leave her alone or you'll call the police. .. Then when he calls again, actually call the police and file a harrassment suit, and get a restraining order and sue him. That's what I'd do, anyway...

..Weirdo's in this world...

<33 Jess

kman458:
he says that the cuban government is one of his clients, but i thought that it was illegal for any us citizen to have any dealings with cuba. i know that it is illegal to travel there.

US citizens can do things in Cuba IF the US government says yes to it. Not an easy task to get permission.

For all the Gold and Artifacts supposedly recovered, you'd think he could buy a better website. Not too mention the Headers at the top of the page sometimes say "My First Webpage" when you click the links off of the main. Total BS, not too mention, ask an investor to check out your company for some serious capital and then give 'em an aol site made by a first grader... yeah right!

I'm a sophmore in high school and I could have made that web page when I was in 5th grade. Total scam. Don't believe a word he says and if he bothers you tons go to the courts.

Scam him back, come up with an idea and scam his................ Why do they always have to get way with it??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom