A biased opinion on Costa Rica - assistance in planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never been on an exotic dive vacation. I have time coming up the week of April 20th. It was suggested that I go to the Ocotal resort in Costa Rica. Any tips,thoughts, or suggestions?

Coldiver,

the Ocotal is a renomated Diveresort near Playas del Coco and diving there is nice.

If you wanna Dive, Eat & Sleep, you are right there,
if you want to explore the beauty of Costa Rica you are a bit too far away from anything.

Chris

I have never been on an exotic dive vacation. I have time coming up the week of April 20th. It was suggested that I go to the Ocotal resort in Costa Rica. Any tips,thoughts, or suggestions?

Like Chris said (above post) depends on what you want to do... If you only want to dive you are set... If you want to do the volcanoes, white water rafting, etc., you're just a tad too far.

Ahoy there! We want to do the North West coast of CR. We are looking to dive that region. w/ Rich Coast Divers. They have great packages and the accomodations are not fancy, which is what we like, rustic is our bag. I have heard many good things about it but I get many different opinions about the right time to go. Could you verify this please. Is November to April the dry season and the best time to go? We went to Roatan during the rainy season and we do not want to spend another dive vacation during the rainy season anywhere. The diving was a bit compromised. We still had fun but being from Chicago and getting all the foul weather one can take, we need sunshine. Please give us the real deal on my question.

Good Divin,
George

Ahoy there! We want to do the North West coast of CR. We are looking to dive that region. w/ Rich Coast Divers. They have great packages and the accomodations are not fancy, which is what we like, rustic is our bag. I have heard many good things about it but I get many different opinions about the right time to go. Could you verify this please. Is November to April the dry season and the best time to go? We went to Roatan during the rainy season and we do not want to spend another dive vacation during the rainy season anywhere. The diving was a bit compromised. We still had fun but being from Chicago and getting all the foul weather one can take, we need sunshine. Please give us the real deal on my question.

Good Divin,
George

Yes, the months you speak of are the dry season (Dec - April have the least rain).

scubaduce - I'm assuming you've spoken to RCD here on the board, yes?

Hey Mis,
Actually I haven't spoken w/ this individual, can you direct me to this person please?

Thanx,
George

I'll be there in August, staying a few days first at Tamarindo ("Tamagringo"), and then embark on the Undersea Hunter to Cocos. . .

Hey Mis,
Actually I haven't spoken w/ this individual, can you direct me to this person please?

Thanx,
George

Sure thing: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/rich+coast+diving.html if you scroll through this forum, you will see he is often her assisting other in their planning. :)

I'll be there in August, staying a few days first at Tamarindo ("Tamagringo"), and then embark on the Undersea Hunter to Cocos. . .

I have a friend just leaving there today... Enjoy your trip. :)

Hi George,

The rainy season starts around now, or next month and stays until November.
I personally think hte best diving is Dec/ jan but after the rainy season things are great
If you need more info don't hesitate to contact me at dive@richcoastdiving.com

Talk to you soon.
Brenda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom