A biased opinion on Costa Rica - assistance in planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the well wishes Missdirected. I'll be driving through your part of the world Chris, probably friday late morning or around lunchtime. How's the vis and water temp been this week?

Hi Shaggie,
ok i will be here in the shop.

Visibility changes here on a almost hourly base between 20 to 40 feet.
We are located on the entrance of the Gulf of Nicoya and we dive at very steep volcanic rocks
so the currents and tides can bring up plancton and microscopic algaes and provocate a "poor" visibility.

The good thing of this effect is that the fishes have tons of food and so they grow and grow and grow....

Water temp above the termocline is about 80-82, below it is around 70.
Diving with a 3mm jumpsuit is perfect, using a shortie instead can sometimes be a bit "fresh".

I did in january a dive with a friend, both using as usual a shortie but the water temp strangly droped to below termocline temp
-actually there was no termocline- and so this 2 dives turned to be my "coldest" -but very nice onces- i ever did ...
I guess that the strange rattle we heard while diving where our teeths :wink:

See you soon

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom