A couple Atomic Z2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Scared Silly Good idea thanks. I am sure it would be fine not routed out of the bottom so I may just switch it back to that. Just need to get a tank (go diving) to try it out.

Looks like I'll have to head up to the Crater for a test dive.

The front ring is supposed to just screw off. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

I use one of these Regulator Cover Removal Tool
If you can find a silicone pad of some type or maybe use a mask strap. If not, and you're close to Draper, swing by Dive Addicts and we can twist it off for you.

A mask strap worked great. Good idea thanks Scott.

@Scared Silly Good idea thanks. I am sure it would be fine not routed out of the bottom so I may just switch it back to that. Just need to get a tank (go diving) to try it out.

Looks like I'll have to head up to the Crater for a test dive.

It should work a lot better out the bottom.

The main question is which of the fixed ports work best for the backup and inflator hoses.

Sometimes you see rec divers with atomics with the second attached to the bottom port. I asked one person why they had it configured like that. I was expecting them to say something like they thought the hoses routed better that way. Apparently they bought it off of the internet and it came that way.

I asked atomic why they shipped new regs with the 2nd stage coming out the bottom port. It's because it fits in the box better somehow.

Sometimes you see rec divers with atomics with the second attached to the bottom port. I asked one person why they had it configured like that. I was expecting them to say something like they thought the hoses routed better that way. Apparently they bought it off of the internet and it came that way.

I asked atomic why they shipped new regs with the 2nd stage coming out the bottom port. It's because it fits in the box better somehow.

lol nice. i do think it will give me an inch or two more on my hose down around. But yes I am totally fine with not running it out the bottom port if it works better coming out of another. Without actually hooking it up to a tank and just hanging it around my shoulders I think the way it is routed right now is going to work great.

The front ring is supposed to just screw off. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

I use one of these Regulator Cover Removal Tool
If you can find a silicone pad of some type or maybe use a mask strap. If not, and you're close to Draper, swing by Dive Addicts and we can twist it off for you.
My wife has an Atomic Z2 second stage as well and wants to change the color with a color kit. I understand the the front just screws off, but how does one detach the exhaust port to change that out? I see a couple of push tabs, but don't want to fiddle with it without knowing what Im doing. Thank for any guidance on this

My wife has an Atomic Z2 second stage as well and wants to change the color with a color kit. I understand the the front just screws off, but how does one detach the exhaust port to change that out? I see a couple of push tabs, but don't want to fiddle with it without knowing what Im doing. Thank for any guidance on this
Slip a flat blade screwdriver close to the width of the slot on one side of the bottom of the exhaust cover and twist gently. When that thick center tab lifts up 1/16"or so, push up on the cover with your thumb on that side. When you then go to the other slot and twist the blade to lift to slightly, the cover will pop off from the pressure you're maintaining on the other side.

Make sure to align the two tabs in the case precisely to the slots in the top of the cover when you reattach. Then when you press, it clicks right into place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom