A day in the life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for taking the time to blog. I find it interesting and makes the time in between cozumel visits a little more bearable.

Sitting at the shop watching the waves roll in. I just got back from Columbia Deep, and Delilah, how bad could that be : ) A couple of very nice dives with some very nice people. It's going to get very busy again starting on sunday, so I think I need a day off tomorrow, and a quick trip to the doctor to get this fluid out of my right ear. It's been full for several days now, but is not affecting my ability to dive at all. It's just getting a little frustrating that I keep having to ask people to repeat themselves when they speak. : )

Well, the doctor says I need a few days off and 3 medications. Apparently I have an inner ear infection, neat! Let's start with an afternoon at the golf course tomorrow and see where we get to from there.

I've been dry since friday morning, and taking my medicine. There is a bottle of stuff that I am supposed to snort four drops of in each nostril 3 times a day. How is a guy supposed to know when 4 drops have gone up each nostril?

Anyway, I am hearing just fine again and am off to see the doctor this morning for her to clear me to dive. I am starting with a big group this afternoon for a week, so she'd better say yes.

How is a guy supposed to know when 4 drops have gone up each nostril?

Hi Matt! This is what I did. I took out a small mirror, cleaned it. Cut a straw 3 inches long. Put 4 drops on the mirror and snorted it.
Now the first time I did it I snorted a little too hard and it went down my throat, so dont use too much snort force. lol. But it works to get the right amount/dose. kev

Hi Matt! This is what I did. I took out a small mirror, cleaned it. Cut a straw 3 inches long. Put 4 drops on the mirror and snorted it.
kev

This statement is a sure sign of a misspent youth. Did you try it with a rolled up $20 first?

Hahahaha! I was wondering how fast I would see the comeback line. It's called transferable skills Matt. :wink:

We are through the 2nd day with the group that is here. We've been taking it easy and my ear is holding up for the most part. It's a little plugged, but not as bad. Still taking the medicine. I think today will be a day for Santa Rosa wall. : )

My ear is all better now, and the group is gone. Whew! Been a very busy few days with students and some musical commitments. In my "other life" I have been a professional musician for about 25 years, and I have been playing this weekend with Chad's jazz band at Wet Wendy's Bar. It was a lot of fun, although I'm not used to the late nights anymore. Looking forward to wednesday when I have my immigration meeting. It means I will not be able to work in the morning.... sleeping in!!!

Just got off a boat trip, and am having my lunch in front of the ocean. Working with an open water student in a few minutes, then teaching nitrox at 4:30. Then I think it will be time for an early dinner, a little red wine, and an early night in bed.

So now I hope we can have two adventures in November -

1) your secret swim throughs at Columbia, and

2) a little bit of jamming at WW?!?!

Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom