A few G15 shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been waiting for some shots to be posted .............well worth the wait. I can't wait for my tax money!!!

If chile doesn't mind I will post a couple of mine, im pretty new to diving and underwater photography, but you can see some of the capability of the G15! I'm enjoying it thus far.

If chile doesn't mind I will post a couple of mine, im pretty new to diving and underwater photography, but you can see some of the capability of the G15! I'm enjoying it thus far.

by all means, post away.

btw, had the camera/housing down to 134ft today w/no loss of control or leaking.

If the canon housing lets you access all commands and takes wet lenses what is the benefit of the nauticam housing?

No real reason
shakehead.gif

I'm a cheerleading fanboy of the Canon housings but the shutter release spring compresses at about 145ft. The camera is useless at that point. Once the spring compresses, you have to bring it up to 120-115ft for it to return to normal. The camera is pretty much useless up until that point.

I've had mine down to 175 with zero leaks or flooding, but again, once the pressure compresses that spring, you're done until you get shallower.

Obviously this isn't a problem for recreational divers, but anyone wanting to take photos beyond 130ft, will need to consider another housing.

G15, Ikelite housing, DS 125 and DS 51, Dyron +7. These are from my ~5th and ~6th dive with this camera so go easy! I am a harsh critic of photo's... so this feels embarassing posting them.

First is no crop, second is nearly full crop (3997/4000 pixels) across.

Macro Shots at Ulua Beach, Maui this morning:

kangaroonudimacro_zps46f0b86e.jpg

tomsmithbetter_zps563b073e.jpg

Attachments

• kangaroonudimacro_zps46f0b86e.jpg
    kangaroonudimacro_zps46f0b86e.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 60
  • tomsmithsnudimacro_zpscd4cdd6d.jpg
    tomsmithsnudimacro_zpscd4cdd6d.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 66
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back