A few Palau pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics Geoff! Gotta love Palau diving :D

Looks like you got some great manta action at German Channel!

BTW, no shark pics?

Thanks pakman :)

No shark pictures as they would pale into insignificance next to your amazing photos, including the scalloped hammerhead in your avatar!

My PnS camera doesn't do wide angle well, and the in-camera flash is insufficient to light up anything other than a small area.... so given I can't shoot sharks into the light like I could manta's and any horozontial shots result in very very blue sharks I decided not to post them :wink:

But we did see white tips, black tips and gray reef sharks on almost every dive, and it was awesome being that close. We also saw a 12 foot hammerhead in the shallows (10-15 foot deep) on a safety stop near German Wall.... amazing to see how quickly pee-ing divers can exit the water when a large shark is spotted, especially as we all guessed tiger shark in the sandy shallows......

I wish I had pictures but my camera was out of action due to being water logged after it inexplicably fogged up badly on one dive.

Well I'm still jealous of the multiple manta action you got!

Hammerhead at German Wall? dang... Now all you needed was to be circled by silky sharks during the safety stop off Pelilu Express :D

Are silky sharks dangerous to humans? Sounds like an awesome experience.... we are definitely going back! What time of year did this happen to you?

Great pics!

Geoff....what was the Weather like?.....I always go in March which is usually nice....in 08 I am thinking of going the second week of November....I've been told late Oct and Nov is Manta season and will probably see different things in the water.....also what were the water Temps?...thanks for any info.

Water temperature was 29 degrees. The weather was warm (28-32 degrees) and generally overcast - partially cloudy on most days. Two of seven days we had occassional rain but not enough to spoil the holiday.

I was quite glad of the cloud cover to protect my delicate skin from the evil burning yellow devil in the sky :)

I had think Palau is a UN protectet nature park whay must be there divetorisum?!

caballito.gif

E.L.7*

Water temperature was 29 degrees. The weather was warm (28-32 degrees) and generally overcast - partially cloudy on most days. Two of seven days we had occassional rain but not enough to spoil the holiday.

I was quite glad of the cloud cover to protect my delicate skin from the evil burning yellow devil in the sky :)

Thanks for the info....Next November it will be....I've had maybe 150 dives in Palau never a dive at the German channel like you had...and never seen a Hammerhead in Palau.....gotta due November....one more question how was the Ocean/Winds for calm waters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom