A few Palau pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely awesome pictures! My wife and I went last March for Fish N'Fins' Shark Week and throroughly loved it. Would go back anytime. (My trip report and pics were unfortunately deleted in the SB server move -- I guess I should re-post, eh?)

While we were there, we heard about someone seeing a hammerhead, but on the east side, around Short Drop Off.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the info....Next November it will be....I've had maybe 150 dives in Palau never a dive at the German channel like you had...and never seen a Hammerhead in Palau.....gotta due November....one more question how was the Ocean/Winds for calm waters?

They were no problem - we could get to every site every day. One of the DM's told me access to Blue Corner/Blue Hole is problematic sometimes as the area of sea just before it is very choppy and there have been accidents with dive boats getting flipped.

It was fine when we where there though - no seasickness, no problems re-entering the boat and we coudl get to the sites ok. We did have to "go slow" in some areas and the Captain was proficient as feathering the engines to slide down the waves rather than crash over them...

I have no idea if the conditions we had we typical for that time of year or not.... the DM told me last week of Janaury/early February is the best time of year to go..... now I'm considering whether going again in a couple of months is ok :)

Feb through May the waters are known to be mostly calm. I usually go in Late Feb into March and many times the water is like glass except in the afternoons coming back can be a bit choppy....unless a squal comes through...and I have been on a couple of boat rides from Hell!....I do get seasick easy...thus no liveaboard. My friend Keith who owns Dive Palau....says the water in November can also be flat....but he will say that to get me to come and thinks if it is a bit rough....I can make it....LOL

Keith did tell me I will see different things in Nov than in the spring and from your report and Pics....sounds like he is right.....being I have been there 8 times in the spring....time for a change!.....My suggestion go in late Feb or March....I love it!...thanks for the info.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom