A quick look inside the s620ti vs s600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smaller. Lighter. More easily carried for travel. Better as secondary reg, less bulky when left under your chin with bungees.
Neutrally buoyant, not heavy as my 109s...
This is how I use it!

Smaller. Lighter. More easily carried for travel. Better as secondary reg, less bulky when left under your chin with bungees.
Neutrally buoyant, not heavy as my 109s...
Larger exhaust cover of the 620 reduces exhalation effort by 20 percent, per SP.

Every second stage will be full of air when it is in your mouth underwater so much more buoyant. Metal will be slightly less buoyant than plastic but not exactly heavy.

Wow I need to give s620 another look. I had s600 with plastic barrel before. I think the builder quality and workmanship is very low for the price they charge. It looks like 620 is really making a come back.
The marketing blurb for the S600 says this - “Metal valve housing (barrel) is able to withstand years of aggressive diving.”. Did this change in recent models? How old was yours?

I was all set to get the G260 and then unfortunately found out just as I was about to transfer money, that a dumb staffer at the remote dealer was quoting pricing without checking actual availability. No ETA for imports in my country so having to settle for the S600 which is the only kit available …

The marketing blurb for the S600 says this - “Metal valve housing (barrel) is able to withstand years of aggressive diving.”. Did this change in recent models? How old was yours?

I was all set to get the G260 and then unfortunately found out just as I was about to transfer money, that a dumb staffer at the remote dealer was quoting pricing without checking actual availability. No ETA for imports in my country so having to settle for the S600 which is the only kit available …
S600 had plastic barrels for most of the years it was made, I actually prefer the plastic over the plated brass, titanium of the 620 is better with the newer/old design but they are all great performing regulators.

S600 had plastic barrels for most of the years it was made, I actually prefer the plastic over the plated brass, titanium of the 620 is better with the newer/old design but they are all great performing regulators.
The plastic barrels are prone to stress cracks where they are bonded to the metal inlet. It's usually not a fatal issue (even when cracked they generally don't leak) but something to keep an eye on.

The plastic barrels are prone to stress cracks where they are bonded to the metal inlet. It's usually not a fatal issue (even when cracked they generally don't leak) but something to keep an eye on.
Prone to improper wrenching, like the people who managed to destroy the mk20’s I have several barrels and none are cracked, I’m not positive but I think SP is still using the same barrel in the 560.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom