A security alarm system that you probably already have

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandshaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a really cool idea.
I got this email this morning. thought I would share.

Next time you come home for the night and you go to put your keys
away,
think of this:

It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and
requires
no installation.

Start keeping your car keys next to your bed on the night stand when
you
go to bed at night.

If you think someone is trying to get into your house, or if you
hear a
noise outside your house, just press the panic alarm on your car key
chain.

Test it' It will go off from most everywhere Inside your house and
will
keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with
the
button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or
garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your
house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around.....after a
few
seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see
who
is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.

Try yours to make sure it works before you rely on it. Just know that
you must press the alarm button again to turn it off.

And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a
parking
lot. The alarm can work the same way there.....

This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe
it
could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

Sounds good. Also charge your cell phone on your bedside table every night. A burglar may cut the phone wire coming into the house, but you'll have that handy. Be prepared to give emergency dispatch your exact address - in the US, your 911 address as even in areas where the cell phone tracking system has been upgraded, it will not give your address. In much of the US and I suppose the rest of the world, no tracking info is available to the emergency operator.

How many people acutally pay attention to car alarms, though?

DandyDon:
A burglar may cut the phone wire coming into the house...
Hey! I remember that movie! :D

Actually, I think that's a Hollywood thing. Usual crooks aren't that bright.

ReefGuy:
How many people acutally pay attention to car alarms, though?

Having it go off in the middle of the night at your house may at least wake up a neighbor who yells "Turn that thing OFF" through a window or door. Any time I'm at a hotel and hear one go off at night I get up and look out the window to make sure it isn't mine :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Rick Inman:
Hey! I remember that movie! :D

Actually, I think that's a Hollywood thing. Usual crooks aren't that bright.
I liked the one where Segal I think it was set off all the car alarms in the parking lot to distract the bad guys. :D

Any port in a storm. I think it's not a good idea to plan on this kind of thing actually working, though. I definately wouldn't depend on it.

sandshaker:
You do make a pretty good point. But I think if you are the "Robber" you will most likely take off than risk a chance in getting caught.

Burglars are more likely to approach from the backyard. Get a large dog house and a large food bowl with "Killer" on it. No dog required. He'll be afraid that the dog is inside waiting for him.

I don't like guns in a home - too many accidents, but not bad to have copies of gun magazines in sight thru the windows. :thumb: Keep Mace in drawer by bed.

Also good to have Security company stickers on windows. Don't need the system - just the stickers. After looking at this house, the bad guy will look for an easier target. :wink:

DandyDon:
Burglars are more likely to approach from the backyard. Get a large dog house and a large food bowl with "Killer" on it. No dog required. He'll be afraid that the dog is inside waiting for him.

I don't like guns in a home - too many accidents, but not bad to have copies of gun magazines in sight thru the windows. :thumb: Keep Mace in drawer by bed.

Also good to have Security company stickers on windows. Don't need the system - just the stickers. After looking at this house, the bad guy will look for an easier target. :wink:
Don,

Thanks for letting us know you don't have a dog, you don't have a gun, your security stickers are fake.

Sleep well tonight...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom