A security alarm system that you probably already have

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two tips.

Size 14 EEE men's shoes outside the front door.

if that doesn't work,

then I skip to the Glock.

Like the car alarm idea, though. I don't even know how to set my alarm off. It has only gone off accidently...I only know how to turn it off.

catherine96821:
I have two tips.

Size 14 EEE men's shoes outside the front door.

if that doesn't work,

then I skip to the Glock.

Like the car alarm idea, though. I don't even know how to set my alarm off. It has only gone off accidently...I only know how to turn it off.

You have a Glock? What model?

DandyDon:
Burglars are more likely to approach from the backyard. Get a large dog house and a large food bowl with "Killer" on it. No dog required. He'll be afraid that the dog is inside waiting for him.

I don't like guns in a home - too many accidents, but not bad to have copies of gun magazines in sight thru the windows. :thumb: Keep Mace in drawer by bed.

Also good to have Security company stickers on windows. Don't need the system - just the stickers. After looking at this house, the bad guy will look for an easier target. :wink:

Have you ever used Mace on anyone? It's notoriously ineffective. That's why "pepper spray" came into use; it tends to be very effective. Not as effective as 200+ grains of .45ACP but it's far less noisy.

S&W mod. 19 loaded with .357 rounds, next to the bed, S&W mod. 645 .45 cal in the top drawer of the nightstand, Browning .380 in the fanny pack. I don't have much problem with burglars, prowlers, etc. Once had a prowler in the backyard (not fenced at the time) at around 0230, so I stepped out and racked a round into the 645. That guy probably had a hell of a time running with his butt puckered. I have no more prowler issues.

Wanna scare the crap out of a burglar. I did this one halloween and no kids since. Mouth full of lighter fluid or really high % alcohol. Cigarette lighter and flambe'. Would be neat to blow a fire ball at a burglar...be horrible to clean up the mess they would leave.

Then again there might be use to my huge dive knife...

catherine96821:
It's the same button hon. :)

Green_Manelishi:
Have you ever used Mace on anyone? It's notoriously ineffective. That's why "pepper spray" came into use; it tends to be very effective. Not as effective as 200+ grains of .45ACP but it's far less noisy.
Yep, I mispoke that. Pepper spray - you're right. Haven't had mine out of the drawer since I moved last year.

I'll leave the fire breathing to those without a moutache.

Ever have troubles with mask flooding... little fire breathing and my mustache is the perfect length. LOL

offroaddiver:
Ever have troubles with mask flooding... little fire breathing and my mustache is the perfect length. LOL
Sticking to silicone grease. :D

Back
Top Bottom