A security alarm system that you probably already have

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think mine shoots 45's....it's been in the safe since my ghetto ambulance days in LA.
maybe it's a 19, can't recall.
The one I prefer is my dad's FBI issue nickel plated snub nose 38. Much simpler to see what's in the chamber. The Glock is a bear to take apart for cleaning, you need strong hands to disassemble it. I have quite a few guns actually...all locked up though. But if taking a roadtrip, one would be in the car. I have seen a couple people that were carjacked and it is important to me to have a chance. The gangs in LA used to jump out under overpasses when you were trapped. ...what thread is this? ..not DIR, lets hope.

So glad to know about the alarm, Don.

Glock 19 is a 9mm (15+1). Best 9 I ever had. (see attached pic)
Probably not DIR, but definitely HOG.
Don will probably lose his TX citizenship due to gun ownership status. He's welcome to move to WA if they kick him out. If he comes to the East side of the state someone will probably give him one. When they find out he doesn't have one they'll ask "Well what happened to them?" :D
-Ben M.

ItsBruce:
There is no sound that gets one's attention quite like the sound of a pump gun.

You got that right, that's what my dad used to do :D
Ber :lilbunny:

You guys ever test fire a pistol as something in the dark? With adrenaline pumping?

12g with single ought buck. Duckbill attachment. Done deal.

All car alarms do for me is make me hope someone would just hurry up and steal the car so I don't have to listen to it anymore. My neighbor's goes off daily, and doesn't rate so much as a glance. IMHO it's a nuisance, not a protection.

ReefGuy:
You guys ever test fire a pistol as something in the dark? With adrenaline pumping?

Range drills - lane lights off @ sillouette w/ flashlight & hoping to never have do it in real life. I hate violence but will protect family at all cost.

-Ben M.

Originally Posted by ReefGuy
I know a lady who did it once in her home - had to push the dead body off of hers. If the bad guy is close, damn right drill it.

Preventing such a close encounter is preferable, tho. We all ignore car alarms, but the bad guy will get nervous if he hears one going off in the garage. The window stickers are a deterrent, the cell phone by the bed is a lifeline if it's charged, and the pepper spray in the drawer is my choice inside the house. I also read stories about gun owners shooting their own loved ones by mistake in the dark. At least keep a good flashlight with the weapon.

I have a dull home life, but locking my doors is really optional in this town.

Back
Top Bottom