Accident Waiting to Happen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Maybe they're all carrying portable underwater GPS units to track their way back to the hole....I've got to get me one of those.
I think those are on the list of brain rotting devices...

It is in a quarry max depth about 125feet. The ice was "thin" as it was only 6-8". The bottom can be stired up to silt out. There was no open water other than their hole and the one on the otherside of the quarry where our group was diving with a triangular shapped hole, two rescue divers, two tenders, a divemaster and etc, etc.

Sometimes the gene pool just needs a little bit of chlorine!

Yah, I was going to bring up the hole shape...

I have never ice dived but I remember hearing that the hole should be triangular but I don't remember exactly why.

I was scheduled to dive Sunday morning here in NJ (DM for final dive of a drysuit course). We canceled because of too much ice on the shoreline. Plenty of open water but we figured better to err on the side of caution.

...at least one of them has color-coordinating fins and tank, and another is wearing an "extreme" BC, so they're in good shape. Rule No. 6, baby!

Back
Top Bottom