ADO From Terminal 4 CUN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My aunt and uncle did did two weeks ago. No issues.

I've seen a full bus once. But that is the rarity. Don't know about the difference buying inside or out. Seems logical the "office" tickets might get priority over the curb side... I've only bought the curb side.

Enjoy the journey.

For the most part, it's a wash. Buy them where you prefer. I've done it both ways. I can think of a hundred other things more important to worry about. There are remote possibilities on both sides. If the bus sells out in the 5-10 minutes it takes you to get from inside counter to outside booth then I guess it's not your lucky day. Go to the palapa bar, get a margarita, and wait 20-30 minutes for the next bus. If you drink fast, get another margarita and it'll soon start to feel like your lucky day.

For the most part, it's a wash. Buy them where you prefer. I've done it both ways. I can think of a hundred other things more important to worry about. There are remote possibilities on both sides. If the bus sells out in the 5-10 minutes it takes you to get from inside counter to outside booth then I guess it's not your lucky day. Go to the palapa bar, get a margarita, and wait 20-30 minutes for the next bus. If you drink fast, get another margarita and it'll soon start to feel like your lucky day.

Good advice.
That's funny.

Not to hijack this thread further, but you can buy the "combination" ticket for the bus and ferry at the airport. We purchased ours at the inside booth if that matters. I'm not sure it was ever offered at the outside booth. The problem is you pay full fare and you are locked in to the company on that ticket. I think it was Barcos...which adds another issue entirely now.

Since you have purchased a specific company, you no longer have the option of taking the next ferry to leave. If Barcos Carribe has just left...you have to wait for the next Barcos departure instead of having the option to jump on Ultramar, MX Waterjet, or Barcos depending on who leaves next.

We got caught in that and won't do it again, also with the fare wars going on at the time, one company was usually offering the local rate for everybody at the pier. I'm not sure that price will be available now.

Safe travels everyone, now back to catching the ado bus from terminal 4.....

Jay

The last two times we used the ADO the seats were assigned. I didn't realize this the first time and we sat up front, then we were told to move to our "assigned seats'". Second time I actually viewed the seating screen and asked for front row.
I have always bought our tickets in Cancun going to Playa from the booth next to the bus(T-3), and from Playa to Cancun at the ticket office.

The last two times we used the ADO the seats were assigned. I didn't realize this the first time and we sat up front, then we were told to move to our "assigned seats'". Second time I actually viewed the seating screen and asked for front row.
I have always bought our tickets in Cancun going to Playa from the booth next to the bus(T-3), and from Playa to Cancun at the ticket office.

One time recently we were sitting on the bus and realized that our tickets had seat numbers on them (they don't always, I think) but some other people were sitting in our seats and looked completely unconcerned so we stayed where we were.

I'm still not completely clear on how to find the bus. Do we turn left or right when we walk out the door? At Terminal 2 it's somewhat of a walk so you really need to know which way to go but is it obvious at Terminal 4?

One time recently we were sitting on the bus and realized that our tickets had seat numbers on them (they don't always, I think) but some other people were sitting in our seats and looked completely unconcerned so we stayed where we were.

I'm still not completely clear on how to find the bus. Do we turn left or right when we walk out the door? At Terminal 2 it's somewhat of a walk so you really need to know which way to go but is it obvious at Terminal 4?

Ah - Day - Oh, por favor?

Si, pero primero quieren mucho dinero.

I tried asking and everyone I asked (outside of the gringos waiting for a ride) refused to tell me where to find the bus, said there was no bus, and offered me multitudes of other options.

First time on the bus for us, there weren't enough people for anyone to fuss about who sat where. Next time, we just sat. Shortly after, a group of Mayan women got on, and discovered we were sitting in their assigned seats. Holy crap!! That was a very, very serious mistake on our parts, not to be made again.

The ticket booths are clearly marked inside terminal 4 and allow you an assigned seat on a set departure. go left through the sliding doors after customs/purchasing ticket, clearly marked. I am almost sure the ADO buses were on section B outside the terminal. If you buy tickets at the outside ticket booth the are unassigned and allow you the next available departure

Back
Top Bottom