Advice for a dirt bag scuba diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K. Danielle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey!
My name is Krystal, i have been diving for about a year now and living out of my vehicle(truck camper) for a couple years.
I'm living in Utah so diving is limited here- especially in the winter, and I'm finding it a little difficult to get ratings as well.
I'm thinking of moving to Florida or somewhere south for the winter to work and dive and I'm curious how acceptable living in your vehicle is in Florida and if there is any places anyone would suggest going.

Anyway, I'm very interested in getting to know other divers and seeing new sites!

Living in a campground or just anywhere?

You should take advantage of diving in the Crater Dome at Homestead about an hour east of SLC. Nice warm water.

C
Living in a campground or just anywhere?

I'm currently just parking anywhere I know I can stay for free, there's quite a few places around Utah to do so. If anyone knows of places like that around Florida, SC, California that would be awesome. Or any RV park that isn't too expensive. I don't know if I could justify $600 for an RV slot.

What kind of work do you do? My friend that lives out of his van says he generally joins a low cost gym/YMCA so he has access to bathrooms showers. That was in California for years, but he is headed to Florida at the moment so I will post more after I ask him how it turns out. He does not scuba dive however.

What kind of work do you do? My friend that lives out of his van says he generally joins a low cost gym/YMCA so he has access to bathrooms showers. That was in California for years, but he is headed to Florida at the moment so I will post more after I ask him how it turns out. He does not scuba dive however.

my camper actually has a shower and toilet so I don't need much, which is why I would prefer to stay away from RV parks.
I'm 25 and don't have much of a career path set up... I really just take job opportunities that arise and roll with that until I'm ready for something different.
Do you know where your friend would stay in CA or what he was paying for places to stay? I'd preferably just like to be near the ocean to dive

My friend that lives out of his van says he generally joins a low cost gym/YMCA so he has access to bathrooms showers

Planet fitness is open 24 hrs and cost $10 a month in my area.

my camper actually has a shower and toilet so I don't need much, which is why I would prefer to stay away from RV parks.
I'm 25 and don't have much of a career path set up... I really just take job opportunities that arise and roll with that until I'm ready for something different.
Do you know where your friend would stay in CA or what he was paying for places to stay? I'd preferably just like to be near the ocean to dive
Where do you empty your toilet and fill up with water? An RV park?

Your profile info:

Birthday:
Feb 6, 1982 (Age: 34)
Certification Agencies:
ERDI
# of Logged Dives:
25 - 49
Dive Classification:
Just An "Average" Diver
Years Certified:
One Year

What is going on here? Do you have OW certification?

Love this OP! I suggest you contact Reginald Buckingham on these boards a well to do gentleman of means in the South Florida area or there a many homeless close to the Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Certain you could find friends there. Last option is the old Winnebago the hangs at Silver Palm Park in Boca Raton. Good luck. Wear a red scarf so we can recognize you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom