advice for cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone been around this forum for a while now and love reading all the posts.
I am going to cancun next week and would appreciate it if I can get info on the best dive centres to go with.
I intend to do about 12-20 dives but do not want to go with any of the large resort dive centres. I have been to cancun before but dived with one of the larger d/c.
Any advice would be appreciated

Take a boat to Cozumel.

Garrobo:
Take a boat to Cozumel.

you mean to get a boat over to cozumel every day. I do intend to dive cozumel but I am staying in Cancun

Yea, all of the diving there is really in Cozumel. There are cenote dives in Cancun but I don't think there are enough different ones for you over a course of 20 dives.

Take a ferry over to Cozumel. There are lots of very good dive ops. I won't recommend any specific ones publicly because it'll just start yet another infamous Scubaboard flame war. PM me and I'll see if we can get you going in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Charles

Watch what you ear and drink. Really! On our Cancun trip, my wife came down with Montezuma's Revenge and it ruined our trip.

Go to the Mexico section and do a search of Cancun. Grabbed this thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=191372&highlight=cancun

Lots of good stuff. It isn't Cozumel but its not too shabby. Haven't dove Cancun in years but it was pretty good. Lots of fish. 2 years ago, while in Cozumel, we went across on the dive boat to Playa Del Carmen for 2 dives. 1st dive, big turtles eating sponges. 2nd dive, tarpon, hundreds of 6 foot tarpon. They don't let the Cozumel boats go across any longer so you'll have to hook up with a PDC boat. I think it was Aug. 20, its definitely worth looking into.

Richie

Dive in Cancun with Manta Divers. Do a one day trip to Cozumel and another trip to the Cenotes.

Cheers.

-J.-

Diving anywhere around Cancun does not compare to diving off Cozumel - well worth the trips over in the fast boats. In the past I have used Dive Paradise (haven't used them in a few years, they kinda got big for their britches <grin>), Aqua Safari, and Blue Angel divers.
I used Dive Paradise for about 4 trips, the last 2 I had incidents with them and decided not to use them. The next Cozumel trip I used Aqua Safari, I can't say enough about them - they really took care of us. The last trip I took this past June, was booked thru my dive shop and we stayed at the Caribe Blu hotel and Blue Angel Divers was kinda attached. Blue Angel took VERY good care of us also.
Also, I used Yucatek Divers for both Cenote diving and whale shark snorkeling, they did an excellent job also. There were a couple of divers from the group who did not want to go, so they did some diving off Playa Del Carmen (just south of Cancun) and they were pretty disappointed compared to Cozumel....
Hope this helps!

johnny_bravo:
Dive in Cancun with Manta Divers. Do a one day trip to Cozumel and another trip to the Cenotes.

Cheers.

-J.-

Agree. Manta is a good operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom