advice for cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from Cancun last night. Ben at Mayan Aqua Dive will take care of all your needs. Manchones Reef is a nice dive just off of Isla Mujeres. I would suggest contacting him at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk for now. His website has been hijacked and is working to get it secured.

Cancun is definitely a night life place! Most of the entertainment doesn't start until 10pm. Check out Captain's Cove, the La Placita and La Parilla for restaurants and any number of clubs on the hotel zone.

Definitely schedule at least one cenote. Asidro, who is the boat captain for MAD and also an excellent cave guide, took us on our trip. We did two tanks at Chac Mool and it was unbelievable! I'm doing more cenotes next year.

Hopefully the eagle rays will be back in force by December. It will be a great trip with a great operator. If you haven't booked a hotel yet, check with Ben on his packages.

Good luck!

Jack

Welcome Back Jack Sprat! Hope your flight was better than ours! Plane hit a pocket and thought, "well atleast I dove a cenote before I died"! Im ready to go back and Dive with Ben already. Is he and is guys not awesome?!!! But alas, I sit here at work daydreaming and planning our next trip.

Cenotes beat out the whale shark which surprised me.

Tom was booked to out this weekend, but the winds in Jersey are Kicking and they called the trip. We gotta move out this joint!

Jill

Spratman:
Just returned from Cancun last night. Ben at Mayan Aqua Dive will take care of all your needs. Manchones Reef is a nice dive just off of Isla Mujeres. I would suggest contacting him at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk for now. His website has been hijacked and is working to get it secured.

Cancun is definitely a night life place! Most of the entertainment doesn't start until 10pm. Check out Captain's Cove, the La Placita and La Parilla for restaurants and any number of clubs on the hotel zone.

Definitely schedule at least one cenote. Asidro, who is the boat captain for MAD and also an excellent cave guide, took us on our trip. We did two tanks at Chac Mool and it was unbelievable! I'm doing more cenotes next year.

Hopefully the eagle rays will be back in force by December. It will be a great trip with a great operator. If you haven't booked a hotel yet, check with Ben on his packages.

Good luck!

Jack
Went with Alvaro to Chak Mool myself.. Its not unbelievable.. Its beyond words! Unbelieveable dont begin to describe it :p

thank you! I have contacted and recieved a reply from Ben already. It sounds like a good match as he is very accomodating. I have requested lodging info frrom Ben and have also been checking on condo rentals myself..
we're gonna do it!

Hi Jill!

Well, it definitely wasn't as exciting as your flight....for one thing my wife would have had a heart attack! However, I will NEVER fly out of Newark again...$125 for parking!! DAMN!

The cenote was the high point of the trip. I now realize why all my buddies rave about the caves...the whale sharks would have been cool but I'm not disappointed. Top notch operation Ben has, great staff, nice boat....

Well, blow outs are the norm in Jersey. Hope Tom's able to catch another good one.

Also, I had a great time, though not many dives with SB'ers. Tom and Jill in the cenote, Philly and Eric on a two tank drift dive and ChrisMO and Julie on a helluva night dive with at least a 3 knot current. WOW!! Ended up chasing my son trying to get him close to the bottom. ChrisMO and Ben did the second dive and it was much more pleasant.

Thanks for the dives! It's great to finally meet people that you are on-line with.

Even, how about some more cenotes?! :D

Hi Jack and Jill (Is that not a nursery ryhme)
Good to see you out in Mexico and put a face to the names.Maybe we can do it again one day. I ended up getting a free week in our hotel due to the hurricane so if anyones down there maybe October we could meet up,

Indeed it is. Although, it didn't turn out so well for me....broken crown and all...:D Funny though, there are not many Jills out there....

Really enjoyed your stories about your liveaboard adventures. I look forward to diving with you again!

Nice of your hotel to give you an additional week! The weather should be much better then.

Don't work too hard!

philly:
Hi Jack and Jill (Is that not a nursery ryhme)
Good to see you out in Mexico and put a face to the names.Maybe we can do it again one day. I ended up getting a free week in our hotel due to the hurricane so if anyones down there maybe October we could meet up,

Leave it to a Brit to remind me of my childhood ryhmes... at least you didnt say I came down with 50 cents. :shakehead:

Great meeting you too. You sure had quite an adventure with Dean. Hopefully hurricaines season will be over... another 5 heading for southern yuketan. We are definately going back! Did you get to dive a cenote??? No words to describe it and my camera can't even capture the beauty. We should start a SB trip!!! Placing the face with the name is pretty kewl.

Toms looking into Jim Abernathy's shark liveaboard in January. Any tips for him? I have a feeling currents are going to be too strong for me so I guess Ill be staying home.:popcorn:

Jill

Spratman:
Heard from Ben today. About 40 whale sharks yesterday....all I can say is that is just my luck....Somebody will be happy this week!
did you go but not see any whale sharks or you did not get to go at all? i am going next week and you are scaring me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom