Advice please: replacing power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The steel cable could be present even if you don't have the shoulder dump - some brands put the cable just to increase the traction resistance - e.g. should someone pull the corrugated to ease boarding on zodiac.
In case of shoulder pull dump absence, it is very easy to check the presence of the steel cable: try to pull the corrugated and you will find much more rigidity than what expected from a rubber hose.
I've also seen that some brands replace the steel cable with a plastic tie with holes to both ends where the steel pin goes through.
To remove a rusted steel pin, you can use a long nose pliers trying to rotate the pin while sliding through the holes retaining it.

What the others said ^ - you can see the hole for the pin in the product you linked to.
Zeagle is one brand that activates the shoulder dump via the cable should you have one of their bcd's - I believe Mares does also.

Capture.JPG

Stupid simple...I replaced all mine with the Zeagle inflators because it unscrews and you can hook up to standard garden hose to flush the wing out. Makes it really easy. Loved it on my Zeagle Ranger LTD and replaced it on my wife's and my bp/w.

What the others said ^ - you can see the hole for the pin in the product you linked to.
Zeagle is one brand that activates the shoulder dump via the cable should you have one of their bcd's - I believe Mares does also.

View attachment 396951

Dive rite as well (at least some of them).

I replaced my regular power inflators with air2's. Once you've taken a power inflator off and messed with it for a few minutes it becomes pretty obvious how they work and reattach et.

Back in the day, a vinyl, neoprene or rubber cement was used too.....

thanks @rivers. I don't mean to be dense but what is the difference between putting on a new unit and replacing existing inflator one?

For avoidance of doubt - i'd like to fit one of these: Halcyon OEM Power Inflator (or something similar) to my existing corrugated hose...

Thanks again

Wow! That Halcyon one, for 49 pounds, looks identical to this one for USD$17.

45-degree Oral Power Inflator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom