Aeris Brand Longevity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked this question since I bought an AT400 w/ion swivel DVT yoke when a shop was selling off all Aeris brand before the merger with 20%-40% discounts right after I finished OW classes, the handful of Oceanic dealers I've spoken with said they are authorized to service Aeris gear since most Aeris equipment uses the same service kits as some Oceanic product.

Hi all, jumping in late game here. My wife's Atmos AI with QD HP hose blew and the dealer said they would need to replace the hose and QD because Aeris was out of business. They used an alternative brand that fits. I have searched hard for battery kits mostly for the O-Ring and ScubaToys and Ebay are all I can find. I called oceanic for assistance and they directed me to a part number that was not a battery or a kit (after I baffled them for way too long). I fear our days are numbered for Aeris parts... Guess its time to start shopping for a new computer. Which is sad, because I love the Atmos AI, but if I cant get parts easily where ever I am, then its F'ed.

I have had a pair of Aeris regs for 10 plus years now and they work fine except the plastic front was becoming brittle. On this brand the whole front flexes rather than having a purge button. With the primary no problem in getting another front with a different brand. With the alternate though there was nothing that would fit and my LDS has a major service center and huge collection of parts. So had to replace the alternate.

As you may note I am not an equipment junkie. I tend to use something until it has to be replaced. Sort of how my wife fortunately looks at me.

Update, after looking further, the Sherwood wisdom is essentially the same computer. I have a spare battery hatch and the patent numbers and look are identical. I think we will make it many more years with the computers we love!

If anyone finds anything contrary to this please advise.

I'm hearing rumblings from a friend that works at a dive shop that Oceanic is totally phasing out everything Aeris related, and will not support anything that is not Oceanic branded due to some sort of liability issue...for example...Oceanic will not service any problems with my T-3 if it requires Aeris parts even though they have a compatible Oceanic brand computer?!?! I sent an email through their website, and have not heard anything...is there any truth to this? Or did the shop owner tell my friend something incorrectly?

Back
Top Bottom