AFI's top 100 movie quotes: What's missing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club."
-The Breakfast Club (1985)

"The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun."
-Armageddon (1998)

"Miss Stamper? Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Airforce, ma'am. Requesting the permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met."
-Armageddon (1998)

"Perhaps if we built a large wooden badger...."

But I was going to Tahashi station to pick up some power converters!

-Luke Skywalker in Star Wars IV, delivering the whiny-est line ever!

Resistance is futile.

Better known in television, but used in Star Trek - First Contact.

As you wish.

Princess Bride.

Isn't that a daisy.

Another Doc Holliday.

The Pope may be French, but Jesus was English. Your on!

A Knight's Tale.

A Knight's Tale has a lot of good ones. My favorite:

Chaucer: I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.

Another movie I LOVE - Man on Fire

Rayburn (Christopher Walken): A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

"That rabbit's DYNAMITE!" -- Holy Grail

"One, Two, Five!" "Three sir!" "THREE!" --Holy Grail

"Are either of you two...homosexual"? "you mean, 'flaming'" "we're not homosexual, but we ARE willing to learn" "yeah, will they send us someplace special" "I'll take that as two NO's!" --Syripes

We're not

Here are a few good ones from The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou:

Steve Zissou: I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it.

Steve Zissou: Anne-Marie, do all the interns get Glocks?
Anne-Marie Sakowitz: No, they have to share one.

Steve Zissou: Remind me to send him a red cap and a Speedo.

"I'm a Mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."

"We're going to have to go right to... ludicrous speed!"

"May the schwartz be with you."

All from Spaceballs. Good quality entertainment.

Foo

Just about any Jeff Spicoli line in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

"This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there"

"Aloha, Mr. Hand"

Mr. Hand: "Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?"
Jeff Spicoli: "Learning about Cuba, and having some food."

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

"People on 'ludes should not drive."

Jefferson's Brother: "My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!"
Jeff Spicoli: "Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!"
Jefferson's Brother: "My brother's gonna ****!"
Jeff Spicoli: "Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna **** or is he gonna kill us?"
Jefferson's Brother: "First he's gonna ****, then he's gonna kill us!"
Jeff Spicoli: "Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

"No shirt, no shoes, no dice."

"That was my skull!! I'm so wasted!"

"So what Jefferson was saying was "Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too."

Brad Hamilton: "Hey, you guys had shirts on when you came in here."
Jeff Spicoli: "Well, something must have happened to them."

Back
Top Bottom