After DEMA Meltdown... How to get in on ScubaBoard's PARTY!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missdirected:
I still need to book a room - has anyone done that yet?

...everyone but you Missy. :D

PacketSniffer:
...everyone but you Missy. :D

:no (I just read back some) *Miss sticking her tongue out at Packet ;0*

Hey you did you guys know Paul Humann is going to be there! Think I might just get my book autographed :D

So how about the specific time/location to the party? and besides myself and byob should we bring anything?

Don't feel bad, MissD. You aren't the ONLY one that hasn't booked a room. I could drive home also...it's just a little over an hour for me...but...I dunno. I kinda like to enjoy a couple drinks...so I need to get a room. Was hoping we'd have specifics on a location so I could get one close by...but it's down to the wire so I'd probably better do something.

I'm SOOO not familiar with Orlando. I've stayed at Disney...and at the Gaylord Palms. And I'm really not thinking either is in my budget right now...any good suggestions on someplace conveniently located and not too expensive?

HilaryRN71:
....so I need to get a room.

Heard today that the Best Western still had some rooms left for DEMA. It's about a mile from the convention center and you can run it or catch the trolley for a buck. I've been there and it's not a "mint and robes" kinda place and pretty basic but clean. Rates should be in the 50 - 70 range and rising as it gets closer of course. Since you leave your car at the hotel, you don't have to pay the $10/day parking at the convention center(OCCC). Where ever the SBP lands, you'll still be in the thick of activity near the convention center and many people will wind up anyways at Adobe Gilla's at Pointe Orlando which is between the OCCC and the BW. Hope this helps.

Best Western Plaza International
8738 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819
800-664-6835

FYI...it's pretty chilly here in Orlando (we got here a couple of days ago) be sure to bring a sweater for evenings/nights....especially if you are from a warmer climate!

Liz

Anybody driving up Friday night from Broward? Wanna carpool? PM me.

www.kayak.com does a great job of finding good hotel (and other travel) prices.

Once you narrow it to Orlando, you can select 'Orange County Convention Center' (or wherever it is) to find places near a location...

Gona Drive over to Ft. Lauderdale the Sat. after the show to do some Wreck Diving, Is anyone else going that way?
We are diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters Sunday afternoon, Mon. morning and Tuesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom