aga mk2 gas block set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cg13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like a set up so I can have my main tank connected to a switching plus a pony bottle for back up so I can switch without having to take the mask off.

My only problem with this set up is handing it up to the boat I don’t realy want to hand my agamk2 mask to the boat crew because it is a lot of money and it could get damaged not to mention the huge weight that a 15lt dive tank and pony is.

I am not looking for a switching block I just need some advice on kit setups
Thanks

Last edited:
For anyone not familiar, a gas switching block is a contraption used to switch between seperate tanks (AKA gases) without changing regs. I had to look this up, I don't think most recreational divers on the basic forums will be familiar with it.
Omni-Swivel-Gas-Switching-Block.jpg

I believe it connects between the primary second stage and hoses leading to the tanks.

To the OP
I've never dove doubles, ponies, or FFM's before so I don't think I'd be able to give you a reasonable answer beside handling up your FFM with your main tank(s)

Concerning quick disconnects, I think they add a point of failure. Whether that failure is likely, is up to debate. Adding more than the normal amount seen on a standard scuba system, increases the potential scenarios of accidental disconnects or leaks due to bad or sandy connections.

I think you'll get better answers if you moved this question to the Technical Diving or Advanced Diving Forums.

Welcome to the board btw. :)

Last edited:
how do I move or close this post I am new here

You can ask a mod to do so or just post a newer thread in the appropriate forum. I would hold off on doing the latter unless you're really itching for an answer quick.
I don't really remember for sure who's a mod and who's not. I think I remember one poster here. I'll send him a PM and ask for you.

3 Quick Connects 1 ea for the tanks and 1 for the mask just make sure you get the ones that seal on both sides

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved to Advanced Scuba Discussions.

Please don't post duplicate threads into multiple forums. They can be moved.

You need to ask a Mod to move a thread.

If you look at the main Forum page, and scroll to the bottom, there is a list of online users.

Mods have their names in green ink.

Alternatively, just hit the 'Report' button (like a triangle with an exclaimation mark in it in order to send a message to the whole Mod team. The first Mod along will action your report. If you are the OP of a thread, just report it and ask for it to be moved.

Cheers!

Last edited:
3 Quick Connects 1 ea for the tanks and 1 for the mask just make sure you get the ones that seal on both sides

not sure what you mean quick connects that seal on both sides not seen these before could you provide a picture or a link to a website that sells them

do you think quick connects add a point of failure because I am skeptical

not sure what you mean quick connects that seal on both sides not seen these before could you provide a picture or a link to a website that sells them

do you think quick connects add a point of failure because I am skeptical
Try these as an example get at least 3/8"
Aeroquip Hydraulic Couplings

Any thing can cause a failure point, the question is is this the tool you need to accomplish your goal and only you can decide that. Most commercial divers use 1 of these fittings on their bailout bottle.

Randy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom