DIR- Generic AI Transmitter placement / routing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crofrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that AI transmitters are not required, introduce another failure point, and do not replace the SPG. That being said I like running them for data logging purposes. I'm running Halcyon HP75-P first stages on double 133s and everything is setup as per usual, does any one have any recommendations on how they've run transmitters off the right post. I got a short piece of HP hose (6" I think) and I'm thinking about just tucking it down between the tanks and maybe bungee looping it to the tank neck any thoughts?

I got this idea from another local diver when I did doubles:

Transmitter on stainless steel braided 6” hose coming off right post. Take a bit of bungee and tie braided hose to long hose. This keeps the transmitter tucked in and not sticking out.

I’d route it into the classified ads on SB. That’s a successful strategy.
yes yes, I get it. I also want the data for a bit, it's being used on shallow training dives right now, but I'm trying to keep it out the way of everything else.

yes yes, I get it. I also want the data for a bit, it's being used on shallow training dives right now, but I'm trying to keep it out the way of everything else.
For real tho I’d put it on the right post pointed down, no hose and keep in mind that it has potential to snag the long hose.

You do know this is THE DIR section, right?

I don't use WAI (wireless AI) myself, I see no need for it.

But just to be clear, given the fact that (1) brass and glass SPGs have a non-trivial failure rate, (2) brass and glass SPGs have a potentially more lethal failure mode than WAI, and (3) modern WAI seems to be pretty reliable, I don't really understand why DIR divers wouldn't consider WAI to be equivalent to an SPG.

Not trolling, I'm seriously interested. WAI may introduce one failure point, but it also eliminates one (the SPG mechanism)

I don't use WAI (wireless AI) myself, I see no need for it.

But just to be clear, given the fact that (1) brass and glass SPGs have a non-trivial failure rate, (2) brass and glass SPGs have a potentially more lethal failure mode than WAI, and (3) modern WAI seems to be pretty reliable, I don't really understand why DIR divers wouldn't consider WAI to be equivalent to an SPG.

Not trolling, I'm seriously interested. WAI may introduce one failure point, but it also eliminates one (the SPG mechanism)
And if you want to be really secure and with backup, why not 2 transmitters and 2 computers. That way 1 failure and potentially 1cmp and transmitter failure still won't render system non working.

I know that AI transmitters are not required, introduce another failure point, and do not replace the SPG. That being said I like running them for data logging purposes. I'm running Halcyon HP75-P first stages on double 133s and everything is setup as per usual, does any one have any recommendations on how they've run transmitters off the right post. I got a short piece of HP hose (6" I think) and I'm thinking about just tucking it down between the tanks and maybe bungee looping it to the tank neck any thoughts?
I removed my pressure gauge and screwed it directly onto my left post where the Hp hose was originally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom