DIR- Generic AI Transmitter placement / routing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if you want to be really secure and with backup, why not 2 transmitters and 2 computers. That way 1 failure and potentially 1cmp and transmitter failure still won't render system non working.
Do you use two SPG's? Losing pressure info is'nt a big deal with the right planning. Not knowing depth and time is an issue as far as I'am concerned.

For real tho I’d put it on the right post pointed down, no hose and keep in mind that it has potential to snag the long hose.

If you're going to put it on the right post, then do that. Straight into the first stage. Frankly though if you're not training for a tech/cave class with GUE/UTD and you want to use it, then I would just replace the SPG entirely. Leave the SPG in the reg bag just in case the battery dies, but if it's a Shearwater transmitter then you'll likely end up having to force yourself to use the SPG because the transmitters are infinitely more convenient.

AJ:
Do you use two SPG's? Losing pressure info is'nt a big deal with the right planning. Not knowing depth and time is an issue as far as I'am concerned.
Just alternative to spg and transmitter. I use transmitters on ccr without spg's. Really shearwater transmitters and computers are more reliable than spg's

You should really put it on a long HP hose and clip it off to your left hip just like you would with an SPG #ForSafety
You have been saying it for years. I am waiting to see you do it. Show up for the next MWUE meet that way.

You have been saying it for years. I am waiting to see you do it. Show up for the next MWUE meet that way.
Behold - the birth of DERP (Doing Everything Really Poorly) diving.

Attachments

• 278595738_1245248539548710_2874761087258094149_n.jpg
    278595738_1245248539548710_2874761087258094149_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 96
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom