Air Buddy - My thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A conclusion drawn and defended without even testing it! :ijs:

If testing was required for every conclusion you made, nothing would every be done. We all extrapolate personal experience and hopefully some collective wisdom from our peers to make decisions in an expedited manner.

BTW: I would also conclude spearfishing at night is dangerous, but have never tested it and nobody has explicitly told me anything about it. I merely extrapolate basic gun safety and my night diving experience to make a conclusion. Is that such a bad thing?

BTW: I would also conclude spearfishing at night is dangerous, but have never tested it and nobody has explicitly told me anything about it. I merely extrapolate basic gun safety and my night diving experience to make a conclusion. Is that such a bad thing?

Dangerous to whom and in what way.

If testing was required for every conclusion you made, nothing would every be done.
Congress must do a lot of testing! :D

Think about it. A lot of conclusions are good to be drawn: it's not for me, I don't get it, etc. A few other conclusions are simply begging the question. Take the observation that someone choked when they first used this device. Like Uncle Ricky, I can't count the number of students who aspirated water and gagged while trying to breath a reg that was either upside down or that they failed to purge adequately. You can try to make things idiot proof, but idiots are just so darned ingenious. :rofl3:

There's a lot of equipment that only gets cyber tested. I remember the "Dorkel". We first saw this at the Vegas DEMA maybe 5 years ago. It almost inspired the "Dorkel Award" for the dorkiest new product. I guess we just aren't that negative. PS: sorry for the terrible resolution.

dorkel.jpg

Dangerous to whom and in what way.

OK, probably not the best example on my part to make my point.

I am sure you can find a specific situations where it might be just fine in your view depending on location type of spear gun, available light, diver experience and proximity, etc...

But in general, probably not a good idea, and personally I would not want to be in the water at night with spear guns nearby. There are too many idiots around.

All I can say is... The site honestly scares me.. I know this scuba stuff is lower volume and not mass-marketed and such, but... My capitalistic instincts ring serious alarms when I consider buying life support equipment from a site with Jr High level writing style (in my opinion) and cheap flashy GIFs and statements that don't quite seem to.. make sense (not that I'd really know at my experience level).

I suppose I should judge the product by.. the product itself, and not how I perceive the website, but... :fear:

.........I would not want to be in the water at night with spear guns nearby.

Especially with Dick Cheyney as a dive buddy

Drawing your conclusion as you have is fine IMO but that changes if you try to tell others that they should not try it or use it.

Name edited - thx grumpy

Especially with Dan Quail as a dive buddy

Drawing your conclusion as you have is fine IMO but that changes if you try to tell others that they should not try it or use it.

Dan Quails accidental shootings were all done with his mouth. I think you mean VP Dick Cheney. VP Aaron Burr also had an accidental shooting, but that was long ago.

Dan Quails accidental shootings were all done with his mouth. I think you mean VP Dick Cheney. VP Aaron Burr also had an accidental shooting, but that was long ago.

My bad. You are right :doh:

The best part about these forums is the opportunity to adjust your thinking and to get facts straight.

The best part about these forums is the opportunity to adjust your thinking and to get facts straight.

I has thinking when I mentioned Dan Quayle shooting himself in the foot with his mouth that sometimes it applies to me also. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt to prove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom