Air integrated dive computer brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot to mention the compatibility of the devices. Suunto, Scubapro Ratio, and the PPS family (Hollis, Aqualung, Shearwater, Sherwood, Oceanic, Aeris (I think), and maybe more) are all different and only talk to their brand. But you can have multiple similar receivers.
This is off of your question. I recommend a brand which uses the PPS transmitter. Then you can have multiple brand receiving the same xmtr.

Cheers - MM
See Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?

Kimela - I'm far from an expert on the topic. My first five computer is my current. Perdix AI. Recommended when I bought an entire gear package this year. It has been easy to use and is very easy to see - even for my old eyes. any issues I had turned out to be my own - but the folks at Shearwater patiently guided me through them - and then days later sent a follow up email to make sure I was pleased.
I could not be happier with the unit. I dive in cold water as well as down south. I've put some 45 dives on it since April. It's great.

For recreational diving, which brands seem to be the 'work horses' of the industry? I'm not interested in the prettiest or fanciest. (But because I'm 57 years old I DO like the computers with large displays!) Which brand seems to be most reliable for the long haul?

Even if you prefer an SPG and a wrist computer (so not air integrated) - which brand wrist computer do you rely on?
Oceanic Pro Plus is very easy to read and use.

Mares Quad - Jumbo readouts and VERY easy to program. No options I don't need. I only have about 100 dives on it but so far, no issues at all. Not air integrated as I prefer analog dependability. Give me a sure thing anytime.

:bounce:
The future will be an apple or android phone that is waterproof to dive depths. The applications that could be developed are limitless. Everything from basic dive computer functions, to underwater video, to GPS location fixing, to instant social network sharing.

Just what we always wanted - people facebooking during the dive. :yeahbaby:

Back
Top Bottom