Aldora Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pretty common all over the world (not saying it's right..) for large fill stations to fill to ~3200-3300psi with the anticipation that they will cool down to their rated service pressure.
Absolutely. I do most of my Mexico diving across the channel these days in the Yucatan caves. I have used three different fill operators there, all with AL 80s. All of them have no trouble getting those tanks to 3,000 PSI or more. One of them is quite a large operation.

It's pretty common all over the world (not saying it's right..) for large fill stations to fill to ~3200-3300psi with the anticipation that they will cool down to their rated service pressure.
Well, sure. I just spent 12 days on Cozumel and the tanks I got were all filled to 3000#. I thought the complaint was that they were not being filled to 3300#. In order to hot fill to end up at that pressure they would have to be filled to (I dunno, just estimating) 3600# or so.

Well, sure. I just spent 12 days on Cozumel and the tanks I got were all filled to 3000#. I thought the complaint was that they were not being filled to 3300#. In order to hot fill to end up at that pressure they would have to be filled to (I dunno, just estimating) 3600# or so.
Are we talking about the same tanks?

Most (not all) AL 80s are supposed to be filled to 3,000 PSI.
All AL 100s I know of are supposed to be filled to 3300 PS!.

In this thread, people have complained that AL 80s are being filled to 2700 and AL 100s are being filled to 3000.

Are we talking about the same tanks?

Most (not all) AL 80s are supposed to be filled to 3,000 PSI.
All AL 100s I know of are supposed to be filled to 3300 PS!.

In this thread, people have complained that AL 80s are being filled to 2700 and AL 100s are being filled to 3000.
My mistake. All the AL80's I saw when I was there had 3000# fills.

My mistake. All the AL80's I saw when I was there had 3000# fills.

Way back, I was also commenting on AL 80s (77.4s) being filled to 3000 psi. I find Al 100s a distinctly unusual tank to encounter. I dive with Aldora and use their steel 120s

Way back, I was also commenting on AL 80s (77.4s) being filled to 3000 psi. I find Al 100s a distinctly unusual tank to encounter. I dive with Aldora and use their steel 120s

Although rarely openly advertised, a fair number of AL tank operators do have AL 100's in reserve, if you just inquire. There may be an modest upcharge.

Although rarely openly advertised, a fair number of AL tank operators do have AL 100's in reserve, if you just inquire. There may be an modest upcharge.

I don't like the size and weight characteristics of the Al 100, on the other hand, my steel 100s are my favorite cylinders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom