Aliens Are Among Us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stunning. It was a real treat. I admit, I zipped past the intro because it looked like advertising. The images, the sound effects and everything else was stunning. I even like the stripped fish! :D

I'm a sci-if fan and liked the intro. The local planetarium and museum have show underwater features, but I enjoyed yours more. Awards in filmfests should be a piece of cake.

Beautifully shot, lovingly edited, just too damned short!!

Thank you for sharing! I'm recommending it to others. Right now

I'm a big sci-fi fan and LOVED your video including the intro.

Since you asked for thoughts...the creature (is it an octopus?) in the intro around 1:15 seemed to be on the screen a tad long....long enough that I started wondering whether I would actually like the video. Just something to consider.

While I understand why others mentioned the striped fish not quite being the same as the other marine creatures...I still loved them so much with the sound effects so I'm glad they're included.

I liked your video on Youtube and am sending it along to friends. I loved the take on your video. So cool!

Thanks for watching it. glad you liked it. I am actually quite honored by the comments that I have received. This did take me quite a while to make. It was made for festivals and film competitions, which generally require some bit of story be added to them. It starts a little slow and people probably give up on it...Thats okay. It wasn't made for huge views per se. So most underwater videos are very similar. I try to do some things that are different. It is challenging, and I feel like I am running out of ideas. But I also make videos that are just straight music type videos, that are more to the point of the imagery. Those typically get more plays than my short films that I do like this one.

I can't imagine you not winning a lot with that production!

Stunning. It was a real treat. I admit, I zipped past the intro because it looked like advertising. The images, the sound effects and everything else was stunning. I even like the stripped fish! :D

Awesome! Glad you liked it.

I'm a big sci-fi fan and LOVED your video including the intro.

Since you asked for thoughts...the creature (is it an octopus?) in the intro around 1:15 seemed to be on the screen a tad long....long enough that I started wondering whether I would actually like the video. Just something to consider.

While I understand why others mentioned the striped fish not quite being the same as the other marine creatures...I still loved them so much with the sound effects so I'm glad they're included.

I liked your video on Youtube and am sending it along to friends. I loved the take on your video. So cool!

Great. Thanks for sharing it.

@Oceanshutter, I didn't put your previous work together with this video because I always searched for you name on Vimeo. Your photography skills are absolutely incredible. "Rolling in the deep" is one of my favorites and I recall being mesmerized by how you are able to work the lighting and back drop with your subjects.

Can you offer any tips/equipment configurations for someone aspiring to take high quality video?

Thanks for the comment. Glad you like my stuff. As for tips...I think everyone needs to learn how to use their camera and get the best possible image out of it. Cameras are capable of so much now, that if people learn how to use them, they can get terrific images out of them. I would also recommend that you watch a lot of videos from destinations that you going to go to next...learn from them, know what you are going to encounter and be prepared for it. Be creative and don't be afraid to try new things.

Dustin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom