Amoray Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey mike, gang(the claytons), bruce, and susan i cant say enough about ya all. thanks for making my frist week the best it could be. you made me felt like i belonged there. i truly love this sport and my job i put my heart and sole into it. i hope it showes. as far as the resort we are trying as you all know most of us are new there, me beening the newest. I know thats NO reason for what has happened and you should way get more than you money is worth. after all alot of your time and saving goes into your diving and your time off. all i can say is we all make mistakes. which is no cop out, dont get me wrong. we relize with out you, the divers, we the staff wouldnt have a job. and we all love our jobs. i havent meet a group of people who enjoy it this much as we do in a long time. all i can say is i hope you will come back and try us agian. i would like your next post on here to be," we had the time of of lives down there with amoray dive center, and strongly recommend it to everyone."

yours truly
dan betterman
padi idc staff #66248

ps mike wheres my picture????? just kinding

betterman357:
Hey mike, gang(the claytons), bruce, and susan i cant say enough about ya all. thanks for making my frist week the best it could be. you made me felt like i belonged there. i truly love this sport and my job i put my heart and sole into it. i hope it showes. as far as the resort we are trying as you all know most of us are new there, me beening the newest. I know thats NO reason for what has happened and you should way get more than you money is worth. after all alot of your time and saving goes into your diving and your time off. all i can say is we all make mistakes. which is no cop out, dont get me wrong. we relize with out you, the divers, we the staff wouldnt have a job. and we all love our jobs. i havent meet a group of people who enjoy it this much as we do in a long time. all i can say is i hope you will come back and try us agian. i would like your next post on here to be," we had the time of of lives down there with amoray dive center, and strongly recommend it to everyone."

yours truly
dan betterman
padi idc staff #66248

ps mike wheres my picture????? just kinding
Dan,

Thanks for all you do down there. It was a pleasure diving with you and I hope we can do it again soon. I will have pics for you as soon as I can. Janet and I have already hit the ground running. It is our busy time and she (and the pics) have already left for Wisconsin and I won't be connecting with her till next week as I am heading out to PA for a week of diving in the Allegheny River in the morning. I just got into the office and I don't see the pics here waiting on me as I had hoped. I'm sure she just had too much to do to get ready for her trip and I will be very busy today getting everything ready for mine. I won't forget to get them to you, have a great week and tell Captain Dan and all the crew we said hello. Have a good week.

Dan -

Hey, I want to be really clear that overall we had a great time, and that's because the entire boat crew was stellar... Overall we had a great vacation, all except for that show-stopping double screw up with communications and planning. (Well, Ok, maybe our air conditioner was too loud too... :)

Pleasure meeting you...

betterman357:
i would like your next post on here to be," we had the time of of lives down there with amoray dive center, and strongly recommend it to everyone."

I would love nothing more than to be able to say the same thing... I will be there in August and diving/staying with Amoray. :thumb:

Just got back last night guys. I'll be posting a longer report later today but just briefly. Had a good time. Room was great. No complaints there. Tuesday am Duane dive changed due to too many shallow divers having to be sent elsewhere. Tues and wed reef dives vis was 20-30 and maybe 50 respectively. Did see my first scorpionfish on the city of washington. Nearly did a Steve Irwin on it! lots of current and surge. New camera worked well. I'll be posting pics in a few days. They are still getting the bugs with the office staff worked out. I called on sunday and was told the Duane was a go for tues as they had 4 divers and one passenger. Then get there mon afternoon and get told it's not, that they'd sent the other three elsewhere. Don't know where but after a couple calls noone could take my fiances wheelchair. Ocean divers could but they would have been 95 thru Amy's (reg price 85 don't know why the extra booking fee) and 50 for Denise as a passenger. They also did not want to seem to even try to book me with them. I did not push it. Spoke briefly with Amy and am not sure she remembered us from last year. No big deal but I mentioned about the duane being canceled and she did not offer any explanation. I guess business is business. This leads me to believe if enough people(read shallow water *&*%$#@'s) at the last minute want to do something other than the Duane or Spiegel you need to be careful about locking yourself into these dives even if confirmed the day before. That's kind of sucky. Spiegel did go off without a hitch though. Flat seas, little current, still had to hang onto the line though but it was not bad. On the ship it was perfect. I did get to do the Duane on thursday though thanks to my fiance who knew how disappointed I was that tues was cancelled. She picked up the fee for us to go out with Capt.'s Jim and John with Conch Republic Divers on thursday. I want to thank Brenda, and the Capt.'s for a great trip. 6 divers on the big boat was very nice. Plenty of room and two great guys. Currrent was ripping along at 2-3 knots and one of the others actually had his mask ripped off and flooded during the ascent. I'll give a more detailed report later but it was a good trip and we are home safe and sound in pennsyl-friggin-vania with rain and mid 50's. Big change from 85 and sunny or just slightly overcast.

There are so many excellent ops like CRD in the area that I just don't see any reason to put up with crappy ops that don't honor their commitments and seem apathetic about inconveniencing or disappointing their customers.

I am sure several of you remember the problems my group had with Amoray's back in Feb. I saw several posts on this thread from folks who responded on my own thread in Feb. Amorays sent us a free one night stay voucher and one free dive trip a piece also to try to make up for thier shortcomings during our trip. We got the vouchers, they are only good Monday thru Thursday!!!!!!! Although we didnt stay in our room on a Weekday and didnt dive on a weekday. Our rates wee based on the weekend!! We dont come down there much during the week!! We come on the weekends which they KNOW AT AMORAY'S. My group comes to Largo about once a month, ON THE WEEKEND!!! Well, I guess I won't get to use my vouchers for the free night and free dive. But they thought this makes up for the crappy service I got on our last trip. I will NEVER recommend them again, EVER!!!

Stupid computer!
I've stayed at Amy's 2, 3, 4(?) times the last couple years. Never dove with them. The rooms were acceptable for the price and time of year. However, from what I've read over the years, I would NOT book a dive vacation with them. Seems if you had 15 deep divers in your group scheduled months in advance to do the Duane and Bibb and Spiegel and Eagle and they got a call from shallow reefers you'd all be going to a shallow reef. I wouldn't be surprised to find Amy's sold to be replaced by a condo in the not-too-distant future.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom