An open letter to liveaboard operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I just got off the Turks and Caicos Aggressor, and they had indoor charging areas, Yay! Unfortunately, initrox was in the 20's, deck towels handed out randomly ( yuck) instead of by number, and A/C problems. Crew was good as was the food. Good weather and diving.

Thanks for the post, diverdoug! It's a good reminder for us live aboard owners. We will continue to do our best to meet our clients needs and give everyone an unforgettable experience aboard our ships.

Best,
Dora Sandoval
Rocio del Mar www.rociodelmarliveaboard.com
Quino el Guardian www.quinoelguardian.com

---------- Post added September 29th, 2015 at 11:46 AM ----------

Dora and LoLo do an awesome job on the Rocio del Mar. Great people and a great boat. I hear that they've added another boat.
Thank you! We do have another boat; check us out! www.quinoelguardian.com

On the Bilikiki we had lots of fresh, warm soft clean towels after each dive :D

There was only 1 dive where someone must have pee'd in their wet-suit at the end of the dive. I just used used the fresh water hose next to the rinse tank. (it was dumped after we were done). Stinky...and gross.

Note that "warm dry towels" aren't always what they appear to be. More than 1 nice liveaboard I have been on just ran them back through the dryer... and that's it.

I wish I had known about the towel issue before last week. :-/

Dive dry... and never touch a deck towel!

:D

deco1.jpg

Dive dry... and never touch a deck towel!

:D

deco1.jpg
Wearing a dry suit in warm water and wearing condoms have something in common. They are like eating steak with a balloon over your tounge.........you know you are doing it, YOU JUST CAN'T TASTE IT! :)

Your face was very funny when I told you in the airport!

I've been looking at myself in the mirror and trying to recreate that look. :(

What do you think about Cocos Island? I've been getting discount spam already.

I forgot to tell you that I lost a perfectly good dive knife from my carry-on when coming through US customs. :theyareontome:

And left 2 safety reels and my wife left her wetsuit on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom