And what about the G7X ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a G7x today, so will have some first hand info in a few weeks.
Will be very informative to finally have a first hand account from a member on this camera. Did you decide on a housing for it?

---------- Post added January 29th, 2015 at 09:09 AM ----------

This article on deepshots isn't a review of the G7x but it does feature a couple nice pics of the housings by Recsea and Isotta

NEW INTERESTING PRODUCTS SPOTTED AT THE BOOT SHOW IN DUSSELDORF | Deepshots

Will be very informative to finally have a first hand account from a member on this camera. Did you decide on a housing for it?

---------- Post added January 29th, 2015 at 09:09 AM ----------

This article on deepshots isn't a review of the G7x but it does feature a couple nice pics of the housings by Recsea and Isotta

NEW INTERESTING PRODUCTS SPOTTED AT THE BOOT SHOW IN DUSSELDORF | Deepshots

I will use the Canon housing as I found a good price on one. Having used multiple strobes, I now do it the easy way and use only the internal strobe. I have a Canon housing and S95 that I've used this way for 4+ years. Here's an S95 pic.... IMG_3358.jpg

Delivering a customer's NEW Ikelite Canon G7X housing the next couple of days. Some very nice thought out controls, markings and will help him get the most out of his Canon G7X.

www.haasimages.com

IMG_0005.jpgThe Canon housing, WP-DC54, for Canon G7x cam; is better marked than my older Canon housing. Just got the new cam yesterday. The housing has black buttons mostly on a semi-opaque surface with black lettering denoting button function in ok sized letters. I will post a pic later.......The camera menus are much like my S95's--so easy to get started. I have yet to see where I set jpeg + RAW or RAW for that matter--must do some manual reading.

Found RAW, etc., but not in the printed manual. Found in menus. There is also an emanual to download.

Last edited:
Ikelite housing with optical connectors delivered and set up last night with my customer. The Canon G7X camera is full of great surprises including TTL usable in M mode (!!!!!) His S-TTL flashes synchronized perfectly and having a "C" mode set for 99% of his macro shooting with multiple settings locked in makes this a great compact choice in my opinion.

I will likely shoot this on my next trip to Grand Cayman April 25 - May 2nd putting it through the paces.

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Last edited:
I've been using the Canon G7X, and I really like it. Here is my initial G7X review for underwater photography. I'll update it as I use the camera underwater more.

Scott Gietler

Hey Scott
So right now would you go GX7 or Sony RX100 II??
Also which housing are you using?
I really really dont like the fact that with the new Nauticam system you have to choose upfront if your are doing macro or WA.

Hey Scott
So right now would you go GX7 or Sony RX100 II??
Also which housing are you using?
I really really dont like the fact that with the new Nauticam system you have to choose upfront if your are doing macro or WA.

I think you can still use the nauticam m67 port that comes as standard and then put a wet wide angle lens however because of the way the lens works with the zoom optical quality will be poor hence they came with the short port as fringing is an issue
Recsea ports are fixed and will have same performance issue Nauticam is just offering a higher quality option if you want to use a wet lens without step zooming

I think you can still use the nauticam m67 port that comes as standard and then put a wet wide angle lens however because of the way the lens works with the zoom optical quality will be poor hence they came with the short port as fringing is an issue

Anybody know if the Inon s100 zm80 Wide Angle lens will be compatible in this way? Would be very interesting to see it tested. I suppose it would depend on the port length and the distance of the G7x lens to the port zoomed to 80mm focal length

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom