Andreas is leaving Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gustele

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Andreas, known from this board and by all the people that stayed at All West apartments or dove with Ocean Encounters West, is leaving Curacao in a few days. He is headed home. We will surely miss him. He is very enthousiastic about diving in Curacao and has been and undoubtably will always be a great promotor of our lovely island.
To say farewell to him a number of local SB-members went with him on a farewell dive at his house reef, Playa Kalki, also known as Alice in Wonderland.
PlayaKalki_20090328_003.jpg

From left to right in the picture Sunshine, Gustele, Kukuisa and Andreas.
It was a very relaxed dive; I had warned Andreas before the dive that we would dive slowly because Kukuisa and I are both photographers, but he and Sunshine dive even more slowly.
Some more pictures of this dive can be found in my gallery on this board.
And where better to go after the dive then to Sunshine's place. We drank Ice Tea and Coke, ate some delicious pizzas, David made them especially crunchy for us, and had a very good dessert, hot fudge with icecream.

Andreas, it was very nice having you on the island and, as you know, you are always welcome to come back.

It was fun meeting you Andreas! Safe travels and I hope you continue to post on Scubaboard. Who else is going to report(gloat about) on a Hammerhead that showed up just days after we left the island? As much as you fuss over Sunshine's dogs, I hope you will get one for yourself to spoil rotten :wink:

Sincerely,

Janine

Andreas, we are sorry to see you go and were looking forward to seeing you in Curacao in June! I guess I won't be able to buy you that beer then. Have Sunshine put one on our tab for you. Good luck to you in your travels.

Don't worry... Andreas will be back soon enough!! His love for Curacao and the west will not let him stay away!!

Talk to you soon Andreas!!

Ah there is nothing as sad as leaving Curacao....Andreas it was such a pleasure to meet you while we were there.....Make sure you leave a diving trail as to where you are going so we can keep up with your adventures...Ilena & Jeff

David and I have been on a number of farewell Curacao dives with Andreas. It's sad to say goodbye to a member of our adopted island family. Now our big dilemma, if we ever go to the Galapagos, do we ask him to house sit with the dogs or invite him? :wink: I'm in Bryan's camp and sending him off with the belief he'll be back. We love you, Andreas! David, Sunshine and pack.

Dear Andreas,
I am saddened by learning of your leaving Curacao. You have been so helpful in answering my questions for my upcoming Trip in May. You are one of the main reasons I choose to stay at LKH and dive with Ocean Encounters West. Best of Luck to you. I believe it says a great deal about a man, if someone who has never met him, is touched by him moving. Well, enough about me being selfish. Good Luck and happiness to you.

Hey guys,

It is good that on ScubaBoard you cannot see me blush reading all your compliments and good wishes!

I really feel privileged that I had the chance to live and dive on Curacao for almost a year and a half and to meet so many nice divers and interesting people sharing my passion for being under water and watching all the beauty that lies underneath the surface of the Caribbean sea around this island.

Thank you to Sunshine and David (+ the puppies) for being my best friends in Westpoint, feeding me - so my mother has a chance to recognize me when I see her back in Germany, walking with me in the hills around Watamula, borrowing me books to read, building me up the few times I was feeling down during the last year, and sharing a lot of thoughts and information helpful for our guests.

All our (diving) guests to All West Apartments and Ocean Encounters West made my job worthwhile - it leaves me happy and proud if you spent a good time with us, and I hope it encourages many more travelers to visit the island of Curacao and especially our place, of course.

Last but not least a handfull of local dive buddies helped me continuing to see diving as my favourite hobby, and not just like any other job. Gustele, thank you very much for sharing your photos of our dive at Playa Kalki yesterday!

The closer the departure of my flight back to Europe gets, the more I am aware of the many things I am going to miss once I leave Curacao; but I am confident that the future holds many more exciting experiences for me I don't want miss!

Whoever feels like staying in touch with me, can find me on facebook.com. Also, I will remain present on this board, so you can always pm me here.

I wish you all the best, make sure you don't let anyone catch your bubbles

Andreas

Not quite sure Kalki will be the same without Andreas, certainly a little less sunny.
But if we keep writing nice things maybe he will be back!

Sorry for you all, but i'm lucky that he is back in good old germany and i have my favourite DiveBuddy back.
Welcome back Andreas.
Sorry, that i cannot pick you up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom