Anna Maria Island spearfisherman missing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You were credible up until this comment. They are by far the most reprehensible and irresponsible source for "news" I have ever read.

Unfortunately for all of us, we will never know what was in the diver's mind when he ditched his gear on the deck. We only know that the final outcome was his regrettable demise.

Too often, divers make a series of horrible decisions and yet somehow survive the incidents. Somehow, these experiences never seem to educate them into becoming safe divers. Familiarity with multiple close calls often breeds a certain contempt for them that is seen by many as a cowboy or cavalier attitude towards safety.

I know this is old news....here are the facts:

His gear was found floating in the Gulf By Blue Water Explorers of Cortez, FL by Capt Bob Eskew. Assisting in the search, his crew found the spear gun on top of the wreck indicting he entered the overturned wreck through the loading ramp. His gear was found floating with tank empty, possibly due to free flow. Coasties found the body inside the wreck at 11:30am Sunday...I was there. Scuba Diving News :: CDNN - Cyber Diver News Network is a great place for dive news. Read the article about this mishap. I was the interview
Film@11

BB - you're not going to find many an experienced diver to take CDNN seriously. You'll be hardpressed to say the least - as a couple of posters before ,e intimated. If you were there, please let us know why you were on a recovery mission... Also it would be most appreciated if you could give a detailed account as YOU saw it. Kind of "just the facts" :) Thanks. -MD

Very curious why this rig was "floating" but empty...

thanks removed after that outburst today that got deleted. some people don't do well on discussions.

Last edited:
BTW....i'll be at Spanish Rocks all day if further discussion is required. Dive flag stuck in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom