Announcing a new forum...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like the equator south! I hail from Barranquilla (c'mon, roll them thar "r"s) Columbia, South America and I lived there 'till 1960 (so I only speak spanish like a bambino). :tease: FWIW, I have never been to NY, NY and have never lived North of the Mason Dixon line, except for one summer in Pocatello Idaho when I was 4 or so. Florida has been my home since 1962, and for the two years prior to that, home was Baton Rouge, La. While I may be a "semi-native" Florida Cracker, my sweet wife and kids are real natives... especially since Donna is part Cherokee.

My mother and oldest sister were born in China (grandfather was the Dutch Ambassodor to China), my other sister was born in Quantico Va, and my Dad is second generation Irish from somewhere in New Jersey. My mother, aunt and grandmother went through WWII in a concentration camp outside of Beijing, but my Grandfather, who was in a different camp did not survive the ordeal. My father was one of the Marines to let them out.

Go ahead and try to pigeon hole THAT! Cuz, thats my story, and I am sticking to it! :tease:

Being a New Yawker would have been so much easer!
Actually, that was a private joke between NetDoc, and I. When I first spoke with him 3 years ago, on the phone, I told him he sounded like a NYer to me.
Since then I have been on two dive trips with him, and believe his story. :wink:

Now you know why he adds the ings ...

Like Oh My God (valley girl voice). Wouldn't that like make NetDoc like a Chiquillidian Jursee mob guy? I guarontee. (Chef Justin Wilson voice). LOL

I think that NetDoc hails from all forums. Heheheee

but dats NOT how Ah pernounces zit! :tease: I can slip into a light drawl as easy as into an ol' overcoat. Sho nuf!

BTW, my major at UF was in Russian, and I do know how to sign in Canadian... just ask Diving Gal sometime! :tease:

NetDoc once bubbled...
but dats NOT how Ah pernounces zit! :tease: I can slip into a light drawl as easy as into an ol' overcoat. Sho nuf!

BTW, my major at UF was in Russian, and I do know how to sign in Canadian... just ask Diving Gal sometime! :tease:

I don't mean to sound dumb but is sign language different in Canada from that in the states? Or anywhere else? I wasn't aware that there was a difference. :confused: R

Well, I can tell you this. I think this is going to be a busy forum. LOL R

Nearly 150 years after Lincoln successfully squashed the South's cessation from the Union, it is starting all over again. Sure, sure...first ScubaBoard, the what next? Rec.scuba.south? Rodale's Deep South Scubadiving?

I think its a big mistake. We need to make sure that they speak REAL English and stay in the mainstream.

Otter

P.S. I have my stop watch going to see how long before I get flamed for this :wink:

Let's grab a sixpack of Miller and lynch that California liberal... Whatcha say?

:wink:

Lol... "Rec.scuba.south." Hilarious...

I am one of the 35% Republican's who were successful in throwing out Davis and getting Arnie.

Nah nah nah, our Governer can bench more than yours can!!!!

Otter once bubbled...

Nah nah nah, our Governer can bench more than yours can!!!!

Hahahahaaa!!

"Say, does anyone know who the Governor of South Carolina even is? Hey RavenC... Isn't your brother Darryl the Governor?"

LOL...

Ten bucks says that on his last day of office, Arnie says to the press, "I'll be back." :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom