Annoying google “ad”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For 3 weeks in a row, I’ve won so many $1000 certificates, many iPhone X’s and Samsung Galaxy smartphones here on ScubaBoard that’s just incredible.

Only thing that has worked thus far is VPN.

Would be nice to claim all of those prizes right? Is that with Walmart, with ScubaBoard or both?

In all seriousness. I hope ScubaBoard can resolve this. I’m sure it’s challenging, but this active phishing will end up driving users away.

Ricardo

For 3 weeks in a row, I’ve won so many $1000 certificates, many iPhone X’s and Samsung Galaxy smartphones here on ScubaBoard that’s just incredible.
Would be nice to claim all of those prizes right? Is that with Walmart, with ScubaBoard or both?

Ricardo
If the popup actually claimed to be from SCUBABOARD, sending hoards of people who enjoy this expensive hobby straight to the SB admin for their easily won money like ravenous ZCUBA ZOMBIES, i do believe the offending popup ad would have been removed, but it may take the temporary shut down of Scubaboard to win this battle.

If the popup actually claimed to be from SCUBABOARD, sending hoards of people who enjoy this expensive hobby straight to the SB admin for their easily won money like ravenous ZCUBA ZOMBIES, i do believe the offending popup ad would have been removed, but it may take the temporary shut down of Scubaboard to win this battle.
How do I copywriter ZCUBA Zombies? Wouldn’t that be an awesome Dive Club name?

Only thing that has worked thus far is VPN.

In all seriousness. I hope ScubaBoard can resolve this. I’m sure it’s challenging, but this active phishing will end up driving users away.

Ricardo

What end point are you using for you VPN?

@dbnewton,
I’m not sure I understand your question. To resolve the annoying ad, I log in using a VPN.

Once the VPN application is running, I select a country with a VPN server, and once I’m connected to that server, I can access this web site without the ads popping up. I can also access many other websites like if traveling outside the US, while actually being in the comfort of home.

The service provider I us is called NordVPN. NordVPN: Best VPN Service Provider | #1 Editors' Choice

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ricardo

Yes. For iPad & iPhone, you need to go to Settings/Safari/Advanced & turn off your JavaScript, as posted by @Francesea in Pop up
thnx that did the trick

Back for me as well. I usually use chrome for iOS instead of Safari. Instead of turning off Javascript in chrome and crippling the browser for every other site.

I have turned off Javascript in safari and use it only for scubaboard.

Other may think about doing the same thing (probably in reverse) use Safari for everything else and download a separate browser where you disable Javascript temporarily until SB can figure it out.

Just installed Ad Blocker Plus. Best 99c I’ve ever spent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom