Annual trip to Catalina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

altitudemike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be diving from April 18 to 20th & I always dive Scuba Luv in Avalon. I was thinking about diving Friday & Saturday with them again. They have always treated me very well but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good dive boat on the main land for sunday so I can mix it up a little & try a few new sites?

Of course I'm highly biased, but the King Neptune is my favorite dive boat out here. Bob & Tina Kennedy can offer a wide range of rental gear, etc., ranging from newbie to deep tec. I should be on board in April when you visit.

The Lois Ann does graet half day trips out of San Diego.

Or I understand the Bottom Scratcher out of L.A. is pretty good.

The Magician out of San Pedro does enriched air fills. The Lois Ann out of San Diego noted above is good too. They do enriched air as well and the boat ride is short to Wreck Alley where the Yukon is, as well as the Ruby E.

The Cee Ray out of Long Beach is another option to all those already listed.

The Second Stage out of San Pedro is probably my favorite.

Second Stage Ocean Sports

I've been looking around for a sixpack dive boat. How are the prices? Are they pretty flexible in response to where we want to go? (Say a site is lousy and we want to go somewhere other than originally planed.)

I've been looking around for a sixpack dive boat. How are the prices? Are they pretty flexible in response to where we want to go? (Say a site is lousy and we want to go somewhere other than originally planed.)

It costs a bit more per person than some of the larger ops (about $160 for a run), but I think it's well worth it for the speed (55 minute frontside runs) and professionalism.

Yah, they're flexible (which is a major advantage of smaller charters). Also tech friendly (can fill deco gas).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom