Another BP/W question (education needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing that you're right, and it is because all the students have BCDs. I'm not saying it is impossible to take off/put on a BP/W in the water...it just seems like it would be more difficult (especially for a brand new diver) because of the crotch strap. Plus don't almost all forums and divers suggest that people actually dive and try out different types of gear before they spend $$$ on buying their own? This is the first thread I've ever seen where everyone is recommending that a person should buy their own buoyancy device before they even get certified.

... Plus don't almost all forums and divers suggest that people actually dive and try out different types of gear before they spend $$$ on buying their own? This is the first thread I've ever seen where everyone is recommending that a person should buy their own buoyancy device before they even get certified.

That is very true. In this case it seems the OP made his choice a while ago (4 year old thread resurrected), but trying out gear (if you can) before you buy is always a good idea.

Good catch, I never pay attention to the date of the original post...I'll have to start doing that tho

If we can get a class of 10-20 OW students to all take off their BP/W setups and float on top of them easily, then anyone can. Really just a matter of good technique. :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom