Another Michigander says Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onepointfivethumbs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy all.
I finished my PADI OWD at White Star Quarry last month through Sea The World Farmington Hills, my Instructors were Jerry and Chris.
I am an engineering student so often short on both time and cash, but I am still trying to build some time and expand my experience envelope.
I am looking forward to learning and growing in the diving community, I am especially interested in wreck and tech diving, but taking baby steps for now.
I live in Southwest Michigan for school but I go home to the Detroit area about twice a month.
My family might be taking a vacation over Christmas break and I was looking at diving the Rhone, and debating doing some more Quarry dives, some of the shallower Great Lakes wrecks, or ponying up the cash for AOWD before I go.
Until then, I am planning on joining DAN, buyng a dive comp, doing a lot of finning in the pool, and I am eager to learn from you all as well as look for dive buddies with similar goals. Cheers!

Get thee to the Great Lakes Wreckng Crew FB page. I don’t care if you don’t do FB. If you want to get dive buddies, you get FB! :D

Lots of people there - get quarry buddies and wreck buddies once you’ve got some experience under your belt.

I’m a Michigander in exile in IL (work reasons). I’m from the Downriver area. EMU grad (class of 91).

Hey, I echo what Marie says.

I live in southeast Michigan and am always looking for new buddies.

PM me if you want to dive sometime. I dive year round.

Howdy all.
I finished my PADI OWD at White Star Quarry last month through Sea The World Farmington Hills, my Instructors were Jerry and Chris.
I am an engineering student so often short on both time and cash, but I am still trying to build some time and expand my experience envelope.
I am looking forward to learning and growing in the diving community, I am especially interested in wreck and tech diving, but taking baby steps for now.
I live in Southwest Michigan for school but I go home to the Detroit area about twice a month.
My family might be taking a vacation over Christmas break and I was looking at diving the Rhone, and debating doing some more Quarry dives, some of the shallower Great Lakes wrecks, or ponying up the cash for AOWD before I go.
Until then, I am planning on joining DAN, buyng a dive comp, doing a lot of finning in the pool, and I am eager to learn from you all as well as look for dive buddies with similar goals. Cheers!
The Great Lakes are pretty cold so
Far, in the 60s
I dove in the river last week in a dry suit, it was refreshing, but would be chilly w/o a 7 at the least and a hood
Get thee to the Great Lakes Wreckng Crew FB page. I don’t care if you don’t do FB. If you want to get dive buddies, you get FB! :D

Lots of people there - get quarry buddies and wreck buddies once you’ve got some experience under your belt.

I’m a Michigander in exile in IL (work reasons). I’m from the Downriver area. EMU grad (class of 91).
downriver is pretty big, anywhere specific?

I went to Mt Carmel in Wyandotte. - the Comets. :wink:
well since you said you're not in meat chicken any more, mr nicks is under new ownership, c dogs is now a pizza joint, west road has finally been repaved, the z pool/ Kennedy is no longer a z pool, block buster is gone, Trentwood is still there, Owen school was torn down, they're currently tearing down mclouth.

well since you said you're not in meat chicken any more, mr nicks is under new ownership, c dogs is now a pizza joint, west road has finally been repaved, the z pool/ Kennedy is no longer a z pool, block buster is gone, Trentwood is still there, Owen school was torn down, they're currently tearing down mclouth.

What about Hedke School? Is Monguagon still there? Went to Mt Carmel from 8th grade through high school graduation. Spent a lot of time at the Z pool in the early/mid-80s. Mr Nicks and C Dogs don’t ring a bell. Are Dino’s Pizza and the T-Shirtery still there? Lived right around the corner.

What about Hedke School? Is Monguagon still there? Went to Mt Carmel from 8th grade through high school graduation. Spent a lot of time at the Z pool in the early/mid-80s. Mr Nicks and C Dogs don’t ring a bell. Are Dino’s Pizza and the T-Shirtery still there? Lived right around the corner.
Ya monguagon is still there, but they call is Boyd Arthur's now, hedke right down Marian as well, shirtery is there, and the ice cream shop as well, DQ down the road.
A&w is gone, Dino's is gone (Trenton jewelry is there now)

1811 smoke house is gone, The Grand is owned by someone else now. Elliot's bakery is there but changed ownership. There was a furniture store across from the post office, that's a dentist now.

Chrysler is HUGE now, DTE no longer uses coal, Fratellos is Gone, foodmart or food town is gone

A train still blocks Allen road, the bridge to Grosse Ile is falling apart

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom