Another stupid knife question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although TSA may let you through with some scissors, I find that from airport to airport the same rule varies on things as stupid as shoes. My trips in October and November took me through 10 different airports and something that was acceptable in one screening got thrown away in another. BIC lighters are an example. One is OK, maybe. My wife had two and told them one was mine. Four airport screenings later those same lighters were taken from us because the screener said the disposable lighters were actually refillable. Don't count on some chart or template TSA may have in one airport. You will not win that argument...

Well, as already said, you cannot take a knife on a plane in carry-on. Shears are allowed, but that can fail.

You don't need a cutting tool in the Cozumel park, nor are knives allowed there. I'd want shears diving the northern reefs tho, outside of the park - where fishing line and knives are both allowed. Take cheaper EMT shears in your carryon and carry those up north. If you lose them to TSA, or they don't last long - no biggie.

I had my nail clippers taken by agent in Cozumel on the way out. So if she took the nail clippers she would have taken shears, which are potentially more of a weapon.

Just axe me.

This is not TSA Approved but I have yet to have an EEZYCUT taken away from me! I keep it right on my wrist computer, it will also fit on a harness. The biggest entanglement you are likely to encounter is mono line so EEZYCUT is the ideal tool to have.

First bag checks free on international flights to the Caribbean or Mexico if you really want to take one. I take much too much to go with less than 2 checked bags.

Back
Top Bottom