Another Zeagle question for Scott

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello Scott,

I have been impressed with the number of questions asked and promptly answered by yourself in regards to your product.. So thought I would also ask my question.

I currently have a Zeagle BCD, in fact, we are a Zeagle family of 3 bcds.

My question is this, when I tell people about my Zeagle. is it “Zeagle” with a capital “Z” or just plain “zeagle” with a little “z”.

Also, when I say the word “Zealge” (or “zeagle” depending on answer)… do I say it with small space of silence after the word is said so that hearer of the word will take time to register and be impressed by my Zeagle (or zeagle).

Also, Im wondering about the Zealge (or zeagle) patches on my Zeagle (or zeagle) bcd. Are they neutrally or negatively buoyant? You know the ones, the little USA flag and Zeagle (zeagle) name tag. Also, if one was to be removed from the bcd would I then become unbalanced when diving with my Zeagle (or zeagle).

My questions are not extremely important to you – but considering you have recently answered about lost knives, serial numbers, backplates, warranties and other technical & customer service enquiries to the point that you seem to be online 24-7 for us, I thought you might appreciate the humor.

Love the product by the way!

almitywife:
My question is this, when I tell people about my Zeagle. is it “Zeagle” with a capital “Z” or just plain “zeagle” with a little “z”.

The Z should always be capitalized...It is as nature intended!!!!

almitywife:
Also, when I say the word “Zealge” (or “zeagle” depending on answer)… do I say it with small space of silence after the word is said so that hearer of the word will take time to register and be impressed by my Zeagle (or zeagle).

When I am on the phone with someone who wants me to spell it, I say, "It is like eagle, with a Z in front."

almitywife:
Also, Im wondering about the Zealge (or zeagle) patches on my Zeagle (or zeagle) bcd. Are they neutrally or negatively buoyant? You know the ones, the little USA flag and Zeagle (zeagle) name tag. Also, if one was to be removed from the bcd would I then become unbalanced when diving with my Zeagle (or zeagle).

The patches are neutrally buoyant. You should only remove said patches if you are going way overboard on the whole DIR thing, as they can be considered a failure point, I suppose... :shakehead

almitywife:
My questions are not extremely important to you – but considering you have recently answered about lost knives, serial numbers, backplates, warranties and other technical & customer service enquiries to the point that you seem to be online 24-7 for us, I thought you might appreciate the humor.

Those are very important questions, and I hope I have sufficiently answered them! I have a special computer that scans ScubaBoard for Zeagle related questions every 30 minutes. An alarm goes off in the computer room, and gets louder and louder until I get up to answer the waiting inquiry. This really pisses my wife off, but it is my own personal labor of love... :D

almitywife:
Love the product by the way!

That's what makes this all worthwhile!! Thanks for the last minute laugh before I hit the hay!!!

Scott

The "Z" logo (black) on my Zeagle envoy regulator (purge button) just got shorter, maybe caused by handling/scraping. I just bought this last January and I want to replace it. Have done 60 dives with it(even went to 100 ft on predive mode, oops...forgot the switch) and I'm very very satisfied with it. Do you know where in the Philippines I can buy one and have it installed.

thanks Scott

caloy

The big question is will my Zeagle shirt cause me to be negatively bouyant on land? Better question is..since it is black is it DIR compliant? (not that I am)

I am sure that the removal of the Zeagle patch will also greatly improve your bottom time since it will cause you to be more streamline. Now I am not sure who would want to remove one since I wear mine with pride..just like the American flag on the other shoulder.

crpntr133:
The big question is will my Zeagle shirt cause me to be negatively bouyant on land? Better question is..since it is black is it DIR compliant? (not that I am)

Not sure, Wally, but since I started wearing my "Midwest Muck Divers" t-shirt, I have had to beat the ladies off with a stick. I become a "chick magnet" as soon as I wear it out of the house - and my wife is starting to get pissed... :11:

:D :D :D

It's got to be Flatty, chicks just dig him! Offer still stands if you need more.

You would have loved my first edition of Flatty. He had a Zeagle reg in his mouth. The only prob was that a cartoon fish didn't look good with a "real" reg. So I stratched the reg idea.

bought the reg from leisurepro, NY.. at the time of purchase I didn't know it was not an authorized dealer. I like to maintain my envoy's gud looks that's why i'm shopping around for a purge button replacement with the bold "Z" logo.

If you look at my avatar you'll see I'm also using a zeagle bc, got this from a Scubaworld, Phils. outlet. They say they're an authorized dealer of zeagle products. I can only see few items with your brand name on display.

Appreciate ur reply Scott, thanks.

clgsamson:
If you look at my avatar you'll see I'm also using a zeagle bc, got this from a Scubaworld, Phils. outlet. They say they're an authorized dealer of zeagle products. I can only see few items with your brand name on display.
According to the Zeagle website, SCUBAWorld is the only authorized dealer in the country. I checked to be sure there was at least one before buying the two reg sets I recently bought.

Back
Top Bottom