Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving once at Ansell pt before. Went left (facing the water) along the wall until you hit the rubble slope, turned around.

Doing a bit of reading online it seems like one could also go right, in fact it almost looked like it was more common to go right.

Is this correct? Same follow the wall, turn around, follow it back procedure when going right?

Thanks for any infos folks.

-Tom

you can go left, right and also drop straight down. If you drop straight down there is a cool undercut in the rock. Wolf eel on the right at about 65'.

Have fun exploring :)

my tip is dont do it
possibly horrible vis
a wolf eel
doesnt justify the entry, and the bloody walk :)

have fun!

my tip is dont do it
possibly horrible vis
a wolf eel
doesnt justify the entry, and the bloody walk :)

have fun!

Oh my, you sound like a warm water wuss :wink: j/k

This site is for real divers, the brave, the strong,

Those that want a real diving experience,

Those who are not afraid to challenge the world for a good dive.

Only those who are willing to endure the pain and agony of the climb with all their gear on will be rewarded with diving they will never forget.

Those that........

Oops, getting carried away :D:D:D

Or, you could just invest in a lift bag and inflate it at the bottom of the steps. Makes the climb that much easier. You can work hard or you can work smart.

Oh my, you sound like a warm water wuss :wink: j/k

This site is for real divers, the brave, the strong,

Those that want a real diving experience,

Those who are not afraid to challenge the world for a good dive.

Only those who are willing to endure the pain and agony of the climb with all their gear on will be rewarded with diving they will never forget.
and if you want twice the reward, do it in doubles.

Think we are going to do two dives there tomorrow... one left, one right.

yep the wolf eel is there on the right. Ansell is a great dive, one of my favorites

Ansel is also a good site for using Trimix. Filling the DS and wing with helium at the bottom of the steps makes the load quite a bit lighter. I sometimes put my rig on a reel and float it up to the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom