Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ended up just doing one dive at Ansel, went right, explored, was pretty good. 20' clear viz, could sort of see another 10' beyond that.

Surge was kicking up the entry after we finished so we did number 2 at kelvin. Now that was sweet. Super clear, 30' clear viz or so, another 10' cloudy beyond that. Definitely the best viz I have had since we started diving last ~march.

Saw my first king crab :wink:

Wow I GOTTA go there - first site here to inspire all kinds of poetry! askdjusd's replywas a nice haiku, and then WetRookie goes all Robert Service, "Send not your foolish and feeble; send me your strong and your sane". Ok, now I want to hear a limerick!

Do I have to do everything myself?! Limerick:

To see the big wolf eel at Ansell,
you better fit into your pants well!
Because if you're round,
your corpse will be found
on those stairs that make every man pant 'Hell!".

Or a Haiku again, with proper syllable count and seasonal reference as required, this one titled 'Viz":
Viz.
Wolf eels in summer.

Do you find them
by feel?

In fall, eyes can see.

And Dale takes the prize for first to actually produce a haiku...

Yeah I noticed, but somehow it sounded better with 6 syllables. But I knew someone would correct me and come up with something better :). Yours is much prettier, anyway. An old favorite of mine:

Haikus are pretty.
But sometimes
they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

5,7,5, baby...

Hey, diving poetry is serious business around here! I once nearly got in a fist fight over iambic pentameter with a RB pilot on TDS and won't even discuss sonnets with the DIR crowd (standardization my as$, Hrumphh!).

I've never thought of Haiku making sense really, even at the best of times. They seem more, to capture a point in time or "sense" of the moment. They are often intentionally vague to allow the reader to fill in the blanks with their own visual interpretation:

Silver dew on grass;
mist, like cold breath from the lake.
Watchful geese take flight.

What happened? Some people see birds gathering to fly south for the winter, some a hunter betraying his presence, some only visualize the sound of wings beating...

What this has to to with Ansell point I do not know :idk:

There was a duck I was trying to catch on the swim back through the bay. That's sort of like a hunter causing the geese to take flight I guess.

Back
Top Bottom