Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried to locate the cave but we were unsuccessful... We went to the left on the first dive and then down to about 100ft. We swam on for about 7-8 minutes then went up to 30ft to get back. Maybe we didn't go far enough?

Cave? No cave at Ansel, at least I have not found one or have heard of one. There is a big undercut in the stone which you can go under but other than that, it is just a wall dive.

The "cave" is really an overhang. Some people refer to it as a cave, but it's more a local colloquialism than a real cave.

I should add that the location of the overhang/undercut is straight down. No need to go left or right. It is also a diagonally sloped overhang that starts around 50-60' and goes to a little over 100'

The "cave" is really an overhang. Some people refer to it as a cave, but it's more a local colloquialism than a real cave.

Thanks! The book with 151 dives is not always super clear. We either missed the wolf eels or they have left. Almost saw an octopus but only caught a cloud of ink.

I have been diving once at Ansell pt before. Went left (facing the water) along the wall until you hit the rubble slope, turned around.

Doing a bit of reading online it seems like one could also go right, in fact it almost looked like it was more common to go right.

Is this correct? Same follow the wall, turn around, follow it back procedure when going right?

Thanks for any infos folks.

-Tom

Could anyone tell me if Ansell Point is easily accessible by boat??

Could anyone tell me if Ansell Point is easily accessible by boat??

Ya lazy bum but very smart ... :D:D:D

Yes, Ansell is accessible by boat. To boat dive this is way better than hiking gear up and down the mountain side.

Don't you think it would be a lot of work hauling the boat up and down the stairs too?

Dam, I did not think of that, you are right Dale.

Oh well, it was worth the try. :wink:

Don't you think it would be a lot of work hauling the boat up and down the stairs too?

I've seen it done by a group of 4 free divers. They carried an inflatable dinghy, a small electric motor, a car battery and a foot pump. They inflated the dinghy in the little clearing just above the water.

It all seems like a lot of trouble considering there is a marina less than a kilometer away. But maybe something happens to your brain after diving to 300ft. and back on a single breath?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom