Any comments on the ACR 2881 ResQLink+ PLB Floating PLB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like I said, double o-rings to seal and heavy Aluminum container for protection, durability & water integrity -never even a hint of salt water leakage in ten years of remote overseas and SoCal far offshore use at remote divesites.

You get what you pay for. . . One source purchase of a QUALITY PLB and Dive Canister combination: Fastfind Dive Canister

It looks like a fine canister, albeit very expensive. Might be the best available. The CustomDivers canister appears to be nearly identical, only made from delrin and cost about $100. Threaded, Double o ring, lanyard attachment hole and 2" webbing holster for use on a waist harness or cam straps.

The FastFind appears to have one very big issue though, it doesn't float. You drop it and you're screwed. Having held both, the FastFind and the ACR. The ACR is a much better design all around.

The FastFind appears to have one very big issue though, it doesn't float. You drop it and you're screwed. Having held both, the FastFind and the ACR. The ACR is a much better design all around.

You mean the Custom Divers canister?

You mean the Custom Divers canister?

I can't speak to the FastFind canister as I've never seen it. I was pointing out the difference between actual PLBs since that was what's referenced in the link. I should have been more clear.

Like the Ocean Signal rescueME PLB1 it's "Supplied with flotation pouch" but I'd hate to fumble and drop it out of the pouch when I needed it. I do like that the ACR 2881 floats without one.

I can't speak to the FastFind canister as I've never seen it. I was pointing out the difference between actual PLBs since that was what's referenced in the link. I should have been more clear.
Oh, got it. I assumed we were talking about the canisters, but I see it now. I have the ACR and love it (although obviously never really "used" it). Just trying to nail down the canister thing. The Aussie guy wrote back to me and suggested a few things, so I may try it one more time before bailing and going a different route.

Back
Top Bottom