Any Experience w/ Live Aboard on Sun Dancer II to Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maya'sMim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hubbie & I are thinking about booking the family week trip next summer on the Sun Dancer II to Belize. We've never done a live aboard yet, mostly because we have a 6 year old daughter who always accompanies us. So far our trips have been limited to Cozumel or Bonaire.

Has anyone taken a trip on this live aboard & if so, I'd love to hear about your experience. Better yet if there are any families who participated in the family week trip to Belize I would love to hear your feedback!

TIA,
Lisa

Maya's Mim,
I have done the Belize Aggressor three times and haved loved each and every trip. The Belize Aggressor and Sun Dancer are like twin sisters as far as where they dive. They stay in eye sight at the dive sights. The differences are 1. Price: the Sun Dancer is Cheaper, 2. Dive Deck: The Aggressor has a much roomer lay out, three Cabins: Sun Dancers are a bit larger four The Sun Dancer tends to draw a younger crowd 20-35, while the Aggressor tends to go older 35-60. Stay the night before and last night at the Radisson Fort George. Both boats moor at the Radisson pier and it eliminates at lot of last morning hurry up and get off the boat syndrome. Have a great time. The Kona Agressor is another you may want to look at if you are taking your daughter.

Regards,
Jim

Maya's Mim,
I have done the Belize Aggressor three times and haved loved each and every trip. The Belize Aggressor and Sun Dancer are like twin sisters as far as where they dive. They stay in eye sight at the dive sights. The differences are 1. Price: the Sun Dancer is Cheaper, 2. Dive Deck: The Aggressor has a much roomer lay out, three Cabins: Sun Dancers are a bit larger four The Sun Dancer tends to draw a younger crowd 20-35, while the Aggressor tends to go older 35-60. Stay the night before and last night at the Radisson Fort George. Both boats moor at the Radisson pier and it eliminates at lot of last morning hurry up and get off the boat syndrome. Have a great time. The Kona Agressor is another you may want to look at if you are taking your daughter.

Regards,
Jim

Thanks for the info Jim! Have you taken children on any of your 3 Belize Aggressor trips? Also wondering if there are ever discounts or promotions offered. I suppose since they only have a single family week each year I'm we probably need to decide & commit quickly. What are your thoughts?

Lisa

I can't see taking a 7-year old on a liveaboard.

I can't see taking a 7-year old on a liveaboard.

Uhh - she's six, not seven. Sun Dancer runs a week where they cater to families (as do a few other operators), so it's not as if we'd be ruining anyone else's time by bringing our daughter along. Can you give any concrete examples as to why you "can't see" it?

Just curious - do you have children?

Upcoming Family Weeks

~ 2012 ~

Utila Aggressor II
June 16-23, 2012
(Wayne Hasson)

Sun Dancer II (Belize)
June 30-July 7, 2012
(Rogest)

Cayman Aggressor IV
July 7 - 14, 2012
(Rogest)

Turks & Caicos Aggressor II
July 14-21, 2012
(Rogest)

Dates are subject to change.

If it was not a family week I would not bring a six year old. During family week the crews are more attuned to children.Boats can be a dangerous place. Decks get slippery,
the dive deck is open to the sea, the ladders are steep and storms do happen. How will you dive? Will one of you stay on board while the other is in the water?

I would do Cayman Family Week as the country is not third world.

Uhh - she's six, not seven. Sun Dancer runs a week where they cater to families (as do a few other operators), so it's not as if we'd be ruining anyone else's time by bringing our daughter along. Can you give any concrete examples as to why you "can't see" it?

Just curious - do you have children?

With a handle like "peterbj" what do you think? Regardless if he actually knows the facts surrounding the inquiry(that it is family week you are questioning aboard the Sun Dancer II), he'll poop on your parade without offering a single shred of advice or first-experience. Good to know there still is no shortage of unsubstantiated, BS opinions from the likes of people like him. :cheers:

Good thing she's 6 as not to wafer from Peter's sanctimonious advice of not taking a 7-year old.

If it was not a family week I would not bring a six year old.
The 8th word in the opening sentence of the op says family week. They don't even allow kids under the age of 10 aboard for any other booking for the blatantly obvious reasons you give thus the inquiry for family week.

I also believe I provided all the family weeks for next year. I don't have the Aggressor rules and regs memorized yet, as you obviously do, so thank you for the ten year old info. I wouldn't bring a ten year old either on a non family week.

Back
Top Bottom