Any Experience w/ Live Aboard on Sun Dancer II to Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious - do you have children?
With a handle like "peterbj" what do you think? Regardless if he actually knows the facts surrounding the inquiry(that it is family week you are questioning aboard the Sun Dancer II), he'll poop on your parade without offering a single shred of advice or first-experience. Good to know there still is no shortage of unsubstantiated, BS opinions from the likes of people like him. :cheers:

Good thing she's 6 as not to wafer from Peter's sanctimonious advice of not taking a 7-year old.
driftin' by - :dork2: Must be how he gets through life

Uhh - she's six, not seven. Sun Dancer runs a week where they cater to families (as do a few other operators), so it's not as if we'd be ruining anyone else's time by bringing our daughter along. Can you give any concrete examples as to why you "can't see" it?

Just curious - do you have children?

I'm guessing that by next summer, there's a very HIGH Probability that when you take the trip, SHE'LL BE SEVEN. None the Less, whether 6,7 or anything close by, I can't see taking a child to that age either, family week or not.

Have you ever seen the atolls? A couple of coral Humps with sand, a few palm trees and a bird sanctuary here and there. Not the kind of place that you take a 6 yr old for recreation. Do you want to take the child for her benefit or yours? If you were 6 would you want to float in a bus for a week,

I've got an 11yr old daughter, avid swimmer and loves the water. Bottom line, she's a little girl that has a short attention span that wants to play and needs interaction. Not the form that comes from a crew that deals with pampered holiday divers day in and day out.

Why cramp yourselves in a small cabin. If you want to dive Belize, go to the mainland or one of the cayes, See the rainforest, the ruins or the islands. Take a babysitter or take turns diving, and enjoy your daughter in a place where she can have fun and you can still get some diving in. I'll be take my daughter on a liveaboard when she's old enough to dive.

Thank you Yakivet - a voice of reason. To the OP, Yakivet has summed up my reasons for not taking a child (who as he correctly says would probably be 7 by the time of the trip). I think the child would be deeply bored, which would translate to frustration for you and possible irritation for your fellow guests. Of course your child may be different and it may go swimmingly, but I have seen too many cases of children unwillingly dragged along to meet their parents' ambitions.

I have been running resort-based dive operations for most of a decade, and I have been on numerous liveaboards. I have worked with many children but no, I don't have any of my own.

I also believe I provided all the family weeks for next year. I don't have the Aggressor rules and regs memorized yet, as you obviously do, so thank you for the ten year old info. I wouldn't bring a ten year old either on a non family week.

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom