Any Herpers Here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

232235738_0e2367256c_o.jpg

RR, that first piccer isn't coming up. Would you fix it, I'd like to see it. :D That Day Gekko has some really nice color. Great lil read your post was :)

I don't kept them as a hobby but I do work at an Aquarium and closely with our herps... so any questions- just ask!

I've had a small turtle for 4 years now :turtle: Does that count? :D
I took his picture today! :D

Say hello to Kame-san (that's "Turtle in Japanese!:D)

2219977245_005c988251_o.jpg

There are lots of boas here in Belize and my son got very interested in them when he was 11-13 or so. The Rosey and another one....I forget the name, but they look alike....but one is mellow and other a bit ill tempered. Jake kept a couple in a cage but they're pretty boring. You could have just put a rubber snake in the cage and seen about as much activity....until feeding time. Then it got ugly. having grown up seeing Tom and Gerry and Tweety Bird and Roadrunner...and the little guy always won....this time he didn't . The snake made quick work of the little white mouse that we had to purchase from a sweet little old lady who made us promise it wasn't to feed a snake with...and now every time I tell Jake not to lie I get, "well you lied to that little old lady about the mouse"...Snakes....brrrrrr. Now I have to watch out for the occasional Fer de Lance under the house, not to mention numerous jumping vipers.

To the left, under my name, is a Jamaican Boa , (Epicrates subflavus). I've had Bob with me many years, since he was a tiny thing. This insular boa and one Box Turtle complrise my small herp collection, but I am an avid camera herper when I travel in the tropics.

I took his picture today! :D

Say hello to Kame-san (that's "Turtle in Japanese!:D)

2219977245_005c988251_o.jpg

Kim I think that is the cleanest turtle I've ever seen. Maybe he just knew he was getting his piccer taken today? :D

I have a pet snake, but I am sure you would never want to kiss it, and probably not want to snuggle with it.

He is a Copperhead that lives next to my deck for some reason. I catch him sunning himself on the deck now and then, but kinda freaks me out. I guess he is drawn to my fear!

Give me a Great White or Tiger Shark any day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom