Any Ideas Guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess Spell check fails then don't it! Dont worry nonprofits do car washes and hold up signs all the time. It's just to cold for that right now, Its turning out well thus far lots of intrest 1,000 hits on the site already. DEF=A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further education. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. So if I ask anyone for a dollar to help me pay for school and they give it to me they just gave me a scholarship!

Daniel, I wish you luck. You may run into some people who are willing to make handouts.

I'd be far more impressed with you if you were out there, taking some of our advice, and busting your tail to make your own way. God helps those who help themselves, as the saying goes.

Well I guess Spell check fails then don't it! Dont worry nonprofits do car washes and hold up signs all the time. It's just to cold for that right now, Its turning out well thus far lots of intrest 1,000 hits on the site already. DEF=A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further education. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. So if I ask anyone for a dollar to help me pay for school and they give it to me they just gave me a scholarship!

You may want to consult a lawyer and a tax accountant...

:shakehead:

My only response to this is....wow.
I am studying Ocean Engineering at FAU. It is one of only 8 or so programs in the country. The navy is constantly recruiting us straight out of school. It is more competitive and, in my opinion, more difficult even than the other realms of engineering. All that being said, my classes are about $2500 per semester, a fair price in my opinion. I work 40+ hours a week just to pay that paltry sum(when you compare to $18,200)
My only point is that I couldn't imagine paying that much for school.
All costs aside, I don't mean to be rude, but it seems that this degree prepares you for many things you don't need a degree for. It seems like an exorbitant amount of cash.
I don't mean to knock you or your choice, I wish you good luck on your major and ultimate career choice.

I understand what your saying I really do pollywogg, your looking at the degree from this perspective I want to be a dive instructor. As they said in the Marine Corps “THAT AINT IT“. I’m leaning more toward the side of Maritime Archeology. The diving aspect of sets you up to be and instructor but there are also classes in every aspect of diving not just instruction. The by there first semester of there junior year most of the students have job offers, Example Nekton, DAN, and other big name agency for the fact that were versed in the whole industry and not just teaching people how to blow bubbles. In fact we don’t leave school with a instructors cert. The Major in Sports Management means where management level for sports. (Scuba is considered to be a sport). We also come out with a minor in business. Who would you hire a if you were looking for a person to run you company the guy with just the instructors license or someone who has a degree in the field and a business degree to go with it?

Who would you hire a if you were looking for a person to run you company the guy with just the instructors license or someone who has a degree in the field and a business degree to go with it?

Yu rais a intresting qestian...

Who would you hire a if you were looking for a person to run you company the guy with just the instructors license or someone who has a degree in the field and a business degree to go with it?

I'd hire someone with some experience, people skills and the right attitude. None of which you have.

I'm sure you'll be able to pay back that paltry loan in no time working for Nekton.:shakehead:

What are these people being hired to do and at what level of pay? I just ask becasue 36k a year for education sounds extremely high so that you can get a job in a field that historically pays very low.

By the way-kudos on starting to do somethign to change your fate.

skiz22285, how are you at pulling the trigger of a gun, rifle, weapon, ect?

You see, when the order comes down to F A W, the old man doesn't say first," hold on their a second ladies, how is everybody's grammar today you maggots?"

Today we put more emphasis, on what a man can say, rather than what a man can do.

Those people on wall street had a very good vocabulary, and there is nothing that I would encourage more then for the order to come down to F A W at those domestic enemies of the constitution of the government of the United States Of America.

So do not give up hope.....and keep doping the scope.

AND GOOD NIGHT CHESTY PULLER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE!

Spoken like someone who has clearly never served.

Back
Top Bottom